The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Chemistry New-spec

Is anyone finding chemistry hard and what are people doing for revision? I was good at chemistry gcse and since moving up to A2 im really thinking am I even going to pass? I had to teachers last year one most of the time and the other just once, got one new teacher this year what has replaced the 'one time teacher' the new teacher i have is very very good!! wish i had her for AS. Is anyone worried about the exams like i am? has anyone got any tips?
I am worried as-well cause i actually like chemistry but i am struggling. For instance i don't even know what book we use because there is so many AQA approved A2 Books.

Spoiler

I wanted a tutor so i asked my parents and they told me no :frown: and yeah i find some parts interesting but then other very boring, my school provided the A2 book i have the CGP
Reply 3
Original post by ashpittawayx
I wanted a tutor so i asked my parents and they told me no :frown: and yeah i find some parts interesting but then other very boring, my school provided the A2 book i have the CGP

I struggled throughout Year 12 as well but somehow managed to scrape an A for chemistry (even though the first paper legitimately made me cry so I genuinely think the examiner was in a ****ing great mood). I literally used the CGP revision guide as my gospel. If you don't understand it, read CGP- or use Kerboodle. Then it's about doing papers and writing out your mistakes.
I havent had any exmas yet at all, Im taking the all at the end of A2 and i also use cgp
Reply 5
If you are struggling with A level chemistry have a look at this channel on youtube - this guy is doing a Masters degree in chemistry and recently started making videos so you may have not heard of him :smile: There are some topics on there, being added gradually and he says comment or message for any topic requests :smile: take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxymWb7Grb_R5xoWoDFcWzw

Quick Reply

Latest