The Student Room Group

Is it unfair to judge a Woman on her past?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thisguy11
gender is irrelevant

I'm not ghey so it's woman
Why are you even contemplating being with someone that _you_ feel comfortable giving a complete character assassination? Is there actually anything you like about her or were you hoping for a virginal princess with no history, sexual or otherwise?

People with mental health difficulties don't always make perfect partners but compassion is nice to have.

I don't think being upfront about your past makes you proud of it. Just that you felt it was important to share and be honest. I'm glad that my partner is mature enough that he didn't come online and ask a bunch of strangers whether I could be forgiven for my past. And he might have more cause to as I was a sex worker. But he listened to the context and didn't feel the need to check that his man status hadn't changed.
Original post by ~Tara~
Why are you even contemplating being with someone that _you_ feel comfortable giving a complete character assassination? Is there actually anything you like about her or were you hoping for a virginal princess with no history, sexual or otherwise?

People with mental health difficulties don't always make perfect partners but compassion is nice to have.

I don't think being upfront about your past makes you proud of it. Just that you felt it was important to share and be honest. I'm glad that my partner is mature enough that he didn't come online and ask a bunch of strangers whether I could be forgiven for my past. And he might have more cause to as I was a sex worker. But he listened to the context and didn't feel the need to check that his man status hadn't changed.

She doesn't have MH problems?
find someone better
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
find someone better

I will :h: (srs)

Met her dad last night for a drink, he said she used to pretty misandrist and basically play with men. Sleep with them early then say stuff like men are evil, a waste of her youth etc. :lolwut:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my early 20s, not perfect but I met a woman who's 30 recently and we really hit it off.

However shes has a LOT of bad things in her past. I'm not misogynist and I have obviously slept with girlfriends but she did a load of crazy stuff when she was my age or younger. Her parents were rich but really liberal so she did stuff like **** a guy in the middle of a crowd at a gig when she was 16, or drugs at boarding school though she was never an addict. And she was a FWB with her flatmate at uni which apparently got awkward. She also got a tattoo at 14 as a dare though I know her dad and he is classy. Obviously she's older now but still a bit of "party girl" though she has a good job as do I.

I have told her all the things from my past too, but I find it hard to think about hers. She is really hot, and has a good career and law degree so I'm surprised she isn't taken :lol: is that a red flag? Also I'm not really worried about this but she has a lot of male friends around her age she flirts with too.

Judge her on how she is now, people make mistakes or regret their past especially if it is like that however they will try and cover the regret with either, doing it more, or self pity, so I say see what she is like, if things dont work, they dont work, but I hope things do for both of yours and hers sake.
I didn't know she was like that until later on. Plus I was completely clueless about relationships at the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending