Just one sec...
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ocr computer science help

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    i need some study resources for ocr computer science we are currently learning python 3.3 programming language and i dont know where to revise it from. i am extremely confused please help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bukalemun123)
    x
    I liked codecademy for python

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    I liked codecademy for python

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i am using codecademy but am not sure which syntax they're teaching, 3.3 or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    i need some study resources for ocr computer science we are currently learning python 3.3 programming language and i dont know where to revise it from. i am extremely confused please help.
    This was me last year... bloody OCR...

ReputationRep:
    i am using codecademy but am not sure which syntax they're teaching, 3.3 or whatever.
    Ohh fair enough. I think it's 2.8 (that's the number that comes to mind for some reason, I don't actually know). It is useful in general though as it has all the basic syntax rules and methods

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Ohh fair enough. I think it's 2.8 (that's the number that comes to mind for some reason, I don't actually know). It is useful in general though as it has all the basic syntax rules and methods

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!
    No worries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    This was me last year... bloody OCR...
    so, did you pass the subject? if so, what study sources can you suggest?
    i would be sooooo happy if you replied

ReputationRep:
    Do 25% of codeacademy (so you learn the basics) then move onto https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html good luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    Do 25% of codeacademy (so you learn the basics) then move onto https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html good luck!!!!
    you made my day thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    so, did you pass the subject? if so, what study sources can you suggest?
    i would be sooooo happy if you replied
    Luckily, I got a B which for me is not an amazing grade, however I found it so hard I expected to get a D/E For the theory I watched youtube videos which helped a LOT, and I am very lucky because for my CA's I had amazing teachers! They helped me a lot and with python I just had to practice loads at home and stay a lot after school to make sure it finally clicked. Lol I felt so stupid
    Also use codeacademy which is good, and buy a python programming book off amazon so you can self- teach and practice by yourself at home, it will really help you! Best of luck!x

ReputationRep:
    Luckily, I got a B which for me is not an amazing grade, however I found it so hard I expected to get a D/E For the theory I watched youtube videos which helped a LOT, and I am very lucky because for my CA's I had amazing teachers! They helped me a lot and with python I just had to practice loads at home and stay a lot after school to make sure it finally clicked. Lol I felt so stupid
    Also use codeacademy which is good, and buy a python programming book off amazon so you can self- teach and practice by yourself at home, it will really help you! Best of luck!x
    i will check amazon right now thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    you made my day thank you very much
    You're welcome

As @sunshine774 said, it's best just to keep practicing Python over and over again. There are plenty of videos on YouTube if you prefer to learn visually, but I just followed that link I gave you before (https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html) although that might seem intimidating at first.

If you are an absolute beginner, i'd recommend following these tips;
    1. You are going to be extremely confused at the beginning. You will get confused with the syntax and another things, but don't give up.
    2. You will go through phases of excitement and probably get ahead of yourself, but try to keep learning at the same pace and make sure everything is sinking in.
    3. Keep practing what you have learnt. Don't just read how to do something then never come back to it. I find it easiest to learn Python by doing small projects (lots can be found on the internet).
    Another great learning source are these Python cheat sheets. They contain some more advanced stuff, but the first few pages will be fine for refering to.

If you ever need something to be explained, just PM me or reply to this

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    You're welcome

As @sunshine774 said, it's best just to keep practicing Python over and over again. There are plenty of videos on YouTube if you prefer to learn visually, but I just followed that link I gave you before (https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html) although that might seem intimidating at first.

If you are an absolute beginner, i'd recommend following these tips;
    1. You are going to be extremely confused at the beginning. You will get confused with the syntax and another things, but don't give up.
    2. You will go through phases of excitement and probably get ahead of yourself, but try to keep learning at the same pace and make sure everything is sinking in.
    3. Keep practing what you have learnt. Don't just read how to do something then never come back to it. I find it easiest to learn Python by doing small projects (lots can be found on the internet).
    Another great learning source are these Python cheat sheets. They contain some more advanced stuff, but the first few pages will be fine for refering to.

If you ever need something to be explained, just PM me or reply to this

Good luck
    omg thank you for being so helpful

ReputationRep:
    i will check amazon right now thank you very much
    It's OK, I'm sure you will do really well!

ReputationRep:
    It's OK, I'm sure you will do really well!
    I hope so

ReputationRep:
    I hope so
    Don't worry! I know this sounds really cheesy, but you have to believe in yourself! Just don't be like me and procrastinate so much that you realise your exam is in 2 hours and you haven't done any revision...

Seriously though you will be fine- you have time on your side so utilise it properly!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.