Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scared of this girl!

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

I found out my boyfriend of 6 months was keeping in touch with a girl he had met from a dating site before he met me. They had dated 2 weeks and slept together before he met me.

I was really upset about this, especially as she had been giving him so much attention on facebook for our entire relationship- liking everything he posts, sending him very long messages about her fun she is, and asking for nights out with him.. He didn't even tell me this, I had to find out myself when I was using his computer and her message to him showed on the screen on the chrome notification. What also upset me was that she had even randomly appeared at events he had said he was going to on facebook, and on one occasion, he stopped me from going to one of these and he himself didn't go.. And she messaged him telling him all about how that night was. I still think he stopped us from going because he knew she'd be there.

After a few tearful arguments, he understood it couldn't go on. His opinion was she was just being friendly, but I could see clearly what she had been doing for months and months. I had enough, and finally he deleted her from facebook and told me they don't talk any more.

I think she can still see things he's attending on facebook events.. and on one coming up this weekend, it says she's going. I'm so scared about what might happen there. I'm scared she'll 'bump into him' again and hug him.. or cling to him all night. I'm scared he'll see me as being clingy for not wanting this girl around him- I can honestly tell from her constant attention and messages to him that she has bad intentions and wants him. It's making me crazy and paranoid that they might still be messaging.

What can I do if she shows up at our usual pubs/event nights that she had never been to until she saw he goes there? Should I say something to her about what's happened- and what can I do if she wants to hang with him there/acts like they're friends? I feel so helpless on her actions and my boyfriend doesn't seem to get that she's trouble. He's told me they don't talk but I find it hard to trust without seeing it for myself.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.