check your privilege

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    um ok
    Just because you're underprivileged...

ReputationRep:
    I got Bingo in every direction, I even made a pentagon, and a trapezoid. Now where's my prize.

ReputationRep:
    Remind me, what's the point in this again?

ReputationRep:
    most feminists are middle/upper class white women in the western world. they are the most privileged people of all time. they should check *their* privilege.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    most feminists are middle/upper class white women in the western world. they are the most privileged people of all time. they should check *their* privilege.
    damn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    As a 5'5 male, I can assure you this is not the case.
    At least you're not me, a 5'4 male, count yourself lucky mate
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Actually I might be 5'5 now, maybe, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for being white and having a penis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    Human (free space)????

How dare u, i identify as an apachi helicopter
    :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    And when was feminism mentioned?
    Also, in western society, men are still more privileged than women. It's getting better, but we're not there yet.

ReputationRep:
    Why post about it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpindlesTheBerry)
    And when was feminism mentioned?
    "check your privilege" is part of the sjw lexicon, of which feminism is at the centre.

Also, in western society, men are still more privileged than women. It's getting better, but we're not there yet.
    lmao how even? what law? what societal norm? in 2016?

ReputationRep:
    Not a redhead? WTF?)

ReputationRep:
    How is tall a privilege?

ReputationRep:
    No criminal record, wow they're reaching.

ReputationRep:
    "check your privilege" is part of the sjw lexicon, of which feminism is at the centre.

lmao how even? what law? what societal norm? in 2016?
    I'll admit, the check your priviledge thing was partly to see if you'd trip up
    But you have to understand that feminism is still needed. What about the wage gap? Or the commonness of pron featuring women being abused? The fact we still have a culture for blaming women for "getting raped"? Common use of the words "*****" and "pussy" to imply weakness? I can go on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpindlesTheBerry)
    I'll admit, the check your priviledge thing was partly to see if you'd trip up
    But you have to understand that feminism is still needed. What about the wage gap?
    you mean that "gap" that is based on the free choices of women, not based on men and women in the same job but men and women in general? does that "gap" account for women preferring to work part time, more social hours, take more or longer holidays, being less assertive for promotions, etc? it's basically a gap that makes sense and is not based on sexual discrimination - if women are to be fully economically equal to men then they apparently aren't allowed to make free choices?

Or the commonness of pron featuring women being abused?
    oh, what, you mean fiction?
    also, I don't even know what you mean by "abused" - are women in "pron" not allowed kinks? are they not allowed free choices again? you sound as if you're basically treating women as children who can't look after themselves or make choices in their own interests! if women didn't want to be in "pron" then they wouldn't be involved in it, so what's the problem? female ignorance? wow, how feminist

The fact we still have a culture for blaming women for "getting raped"?
    that's nonsense! I can't even name one person who would legitimately blame a woman for being raped! you're just lying now, or at least reading the script of feminism!

Common use of the words "*****" and "pussy" to imply weakness? I can go on...
    what about "cock", "dick", etc, to imply negativity?!
    also, women mostly *are* weaker than men - is that not a fact?!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get bingo anywhere. Got 16/25 of them though.
    edit: Wait, I got the second column. Bingo!

ReputationRep:
    I think the point that needs to be taken away by everyone who sees the term 'SJW' as an insult, is to be damn grateful for all the lucky breaks you got at birth.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  206.7 KB

So underprivileged :sigh: :getmecoat:*

ReputationRep:
    all but 2

and since I was born in the US and live in the UK I should really get that one

if only I wasn't so damn ugly....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is the best character in Friends

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.