The Student Room Group

Want to apply for medicine and pharmacy....

I want to apply for both just in case I don't get into medicine and if I do apply for both courses I am aware that I have to focus my personal statement on one course i.e medicine.

Will this reduce my chances of getting an offer from either courses?
Reply 1
Original post by jx2016
I want to apply for both just in case I don't get into medicine and if I do apply for both courses I am aware that I have to focus my personal statement on one course i.e medicine.

Will this reduce my chances of getting an offer from either courses?

You need to focus your PS on medicine to stand any chance there. You cannot talk about pharmacy or any other course.

This means that pharmacy will know they're your second choice, but they will be used to that.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You need to focus your PS on medicine to stand any chance there. You cannot talk about pharmacy or any other course.

This means that pharmacy will know they're your second choice, but they will be used to that.

So my chance of getting an offer from pharmacy won't be affected?
Reply 3
bump
Original post by jx2016
So my chance of getting an offer from pharmacy won't be affected?

It might be if the university is overwhelmed with applications from people who are prioritising pharmacy but there's no way to predict that.
Call them up and find out how they choose people and if you'd be disadvantaged with a Med ps.
I applied to 4 med schools and 1 pharmacy school and the uni I applied to required me to write a separate pharmacy based ps. Not all unis need this but some do, so I'd call up if I were u

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest