Just one sec...
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

GCSE English re-sit?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in college taking level 3 btec health and social care, alongside GCSE English. I was just curious to know if my exam bard (Pearson/edexcel) do not offer a November re-sit of this year. The specification that I did was 'Edexcel Certificate Level 1/2 its also an IGCSE.

Apparantly this specification only allows a resit of summer 2017-which I do not want to resit in that year.

Does anyone happen to know if my specification for English offers a resit in January or November?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Looks as though there is a Jan re-sit.

Subject Unit Title Unit No Date Time DurationEnglish English Literature Paper 1: Drama and Prose 4ET0 01 9-Jan-17 PM 1h 45mEnglish English A Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EA0 01 16-Jan-17 AM 2h 15mEnglish English Literature Paper 2: Unseen text and poetry anthology 4ET0 02 18-Jan-17 AM 1h 30mEnglish English A Paper 2: Reading and Writing 4EA0 02 24-Jan-17 PM 1h 30mEnglish English B Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EB0 01 25-Jan-17 AM 3h 00m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clemm101)
    Looks as though there is a Jan re-sit.

Subject Unit Title Unit No Date Time DurationEnglish English Literature Paper 1: Drama and Prose 4ET0 01 9-Jan-17 PM 1h 45mEnglish English A Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EA0 01 16-Jan-17 AM 2h 15mEnglish English Literature Paper 2: Unseen text and poetry anthology 4ET0 02 18-Jan-17 AM 1h 30mEnglish English A Paper 2: Reading and Writing 4EA0 02 24-Jan-17 PM 1h 30mEnglish English B Paper 1: Reading and Writing 4EB0 01 25-Jan-17 AM 3h 00m
    Thanks for the info, but this is English Literature, I am looking for English Language

ReputationRep:
    Those are both Literature and Language dates, I wasn't sure which you were doing. http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Timetable.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clemm101)
    Those are both Literature and Language dates, I wasn't sure which you were doing. http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Timetable.pdf
    Thats fine thanks, but I think my gcse English language code is KET0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemnyokun14)
    Thats fine thanks, but I think my gcse English language code is KET0
    Edexcel KET0 is English Literature and the last assessment was 2016. There are no re-sits for this qualification.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in college taking level 3 btec health and social care, alongside GCSE English. I was just curious to know if my exam bard (Pearson/edexcel) do not offer a November re-sit of this year. The specification that I did was 'Edexcel Certificate Level 1/2 its also an IGCSE.

Apparantly this specification only allows a resit of summer 2017-which I do not want to resit in that year.

Does anyone happen to know if my specification for English offers a resit in January or November?

Thanks.
    You can do the Edexcel IGCSE version in January 4EA0 - which is the same written papers, ( identical content - the ones you did in summer were shared by both exam codes) but without a coursework option. So if you did paper 1 and paper 2 ( route 1) then it is no different to what you did, if you did papers 1, 3 and 4 you will have to do papers 1 and 2 now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkbar1955)
    You can do the Edexcel IGCSE version in January 4EA0 - which is the same written papers, ( identical content - the ones you did in summer were shared by both exam codes) but without a coursework option. So if you did paper 1 and paper 2 ( route 1) then it is no different to what you did, if you did papers 1, 3 and 4 you will have to do papers 1 and 2 now

So can I still do this specification exam in January 2017? and yes-that's correct my previous exam was similar to this because I did the 'Edexcel Certificate Level1/level 2' which doesnt have an exam for January, only for June.

ReputationRep:
    So can I still do this specification exam in January 2017? and yes-that's correct my previous exam was similar to this because I did the 'Edexcel Certificate Level1/level 2' which doesnt have an exam for January, only for June.
    Yes you can sit it - but you need to find a centre that takes private candidates quickly ( entries will close in October) and if you did the coursework option you will need to do paper 1 and paper 2 instead this time

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can sit it - but you need to find a centre that takes private candidates quickly ( entries will close in October) and if you did the coursework option you will need to do paper 1 and paper 2 instead this time

yeah i will enter the examination thingy at my college and i only did a speaking and listening coursework along with paper 1 and paper 2 for my whole GCSE. How is this going to differ if I do the iGCSE

ReputationRep:
    yeah i will enter the examination thingy at my college and i only did a speaking and listening coursework along with paper 1 and paper 2 for my whole GCSE. How is this going to differ if I do the iGCSE

I am getting slightly confused..you did the Edexcel level1/2 Certificate in summer?
    So not the GCSE? You now need to do the IGCSE if you take in January ( so code is 4EA0) which is the same first 2 written papers 1 and 2
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

but do check the college is willing to enter you for January!

ReputationRep:
    I am getting slightly confused..you did the Edexcel level1/2 Certificate in summer?
    So not the GCSE? You now need to do the IGCSE if you take in January ( so code is 4EA0) which is the same first 2 written papers 1 and 2
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

but do check the college is willing to enter you for January!

I did the edexcel certificate level 1/level 2 for my Gcse English (code is KEA0) and yeah I should definitely check with my college if they could enter me. But thanks for all the help

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team
Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.