Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I almost cry everytime we study Hitler. Why?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

It's probably because you actually understand the extent of the evil that took place, whereas most people don't (it's unimaginable for them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IronicalMan)
    I think it's gay.... LMAO
    There's nothing to "LMAO" about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    There's nothing to "LMAO" about
    Maybe not LMAO but LOL
    kek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's probably because you actually understand the extent of the evil that took place, whereas most people don't (it's unimaginable for them).
    What evil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Hitler was a bad guy, I tear up when I see photos of black people who'd been lynched back in the day, I'm a white guy.

Its prolly because these are heart breaking acts, but they're human acts, it can be tear jerking to think that people can do such horrid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same. I'm studying it history atm 😳😕😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Man up and grow some balls. Don't tell me you cry like a wimp when you see Stalin, Idi Amin and Castro's faces too. Maybe you even cry when you see Sandor Clegane's face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 17 year old guy. I tear up when we watch a video of Hitler, Kristallnacht, the Holocaust etc. No one else does. I'm usually quite a cold persom.

I was thinking maybe because I'm gay and they were sent to the camps. I have one great grandparent who was Jewish.

Am I off my trolley??
    Whats worse is that when the camps were liberated a lot of gay men were actually still imprisoned and not set free.Because being gay was still against the law back then.

ReputationRep:
    How is someone dying that you never knew, upsetting ?
    Basic human empathy?

ReputationRep:
    I tear up when we watch a video of Hitler, Kristallnacht, the Holocaust etc.
    Nah don't get attached to him so much. He was a jerk.

ReputationRep:
    Anon fail?
    ooooo, the OP was in anon and so you presumed I was the OP. lol. i only realised now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    Would have been better to write that history is often written by points of view.

Hitler is such an obvious case, that remarks about victorer's history are pointless.
    Just making a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Hitler was a bad guy, I tear up when I see photos of black people who'd been lynched back in the day, I'm a white guy.

Its prolly because these are heart breaking acts, but they're human acts, it can be tear jerking to think that people can do such horrid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As my professor of political philosophy says: "A cow doesn't need to know die Ideengeshichte, because no cow ever sent anyone to gas chamber"

(Original post by Edo123)
    Nah don't get attached to him so much. He was a jerk.
    To be more exact, a brain injured (beating in early childhood) drug addict with very little education.

ReputationRep:
    Hitler had no chill but he was an okay guy when it came to animal rights

ReputationRep:
    Which didn't stop him from sending bombers to eliminate horse cavalry or bombing London, where obviously lots of animals lived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTMalewski)
    Which didn't stop him from sending bombers to eliminate horse cavalry or bombing London, where obviously lots of animals lived.
    Except that was during war. People do what they need to do in those cases.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.