The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chazer154
Hey everyone! I've applied for BA Music and Spanish for 2017 entry. I applied on 12th October and I heard within 6 hours...I'm pretty sure RH in general are very efficient. I received an unconditional on the condition of putting RH as my firm, which I will probably be doing. Any questions on application help on how to get those unconditional offers I'm happy to help :smile:

Hi, what were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by littlemix012
Hi, what were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

Hey.
Chemistry - A*
Music - A
Español - A
My predicted grades are a little weird because I'm best at chemistry but I prefer music and Spanish. They say do what you like so that's why I do this weird combination. Not much similarity but to me these were the three I enjoyed most at GCSE so there we go :smile:
35ec41a7-928f-44fb-8200-a67f4618ff43.jpe
Attachment not found
I GOT AN OFFER FROM ROYAL HOLLOWAY!! i legit freaked out so much when i saw it because RHUL is one of my top choices (if i get rejected from exeter then it'll be my top choice) and i honestly didn't think i'd get in! But they offered my BBB and then offered me an unconditional if i firm as i've been selected under the academic excellence scheme and said I'M OUTSTANDING OMG i'm so happy! :smile:
Original post by butterfly_belle
35ec41a7-928f-44fb-8200-a67f4618ff43.jpe
Attachment not found
I GOT AN OFFER FROM ROYAL HOLLOWAY!! i legit freaked out so much when i saw it because RHUL is one of my top choices (if i get rejected from exeter then it'll be my top choice) and i honestly didn't think i'd get in! But they offered my BBB and then offered me an unconditional if i firm as i've been selected under the academic excellence scheme and said I'M OUTSTANDING OMG i'm so happy! :smile:

Yayyyy!!! Well done. Always a good feeling knowing all the hard work has payed off. Well done :smile:
Reply 24
Hey everyone! I've applied for BA Music and Spanish for 2017 entry. I applied on 12th October and I heard within 6 hours...I'm pretty sure RH in general are very efficient. I received an unconditional on the condition of putting RH as my firm, which I will probably be doing. Any questions on application help on how to get those unconditional offers I'm happy to help :smile:

Hey, what were your other options and predicted grades if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Kalan98
Hey, what were your other options and predicted grades if you dont mind me asking?

My other options were KCL and Southampton. Predicted grades A* chemistry A music A Spanish :smile:
Reply 26
Hey.
Chemistry - A*
Music - A
Español - A
My predicted grades are a little weird because I'm best at chemistry but I prefer music and Spanish. They say do what you like so that's why I do this weird combination. Not much similarity but to me these were the three I enjoyed most at GCSE so there we go :smile:

Thats really good, well done! and well done on your offer.
Hey.
Chemistry - A*
Music - A
Español - A

That's so good, well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kalan98
Thats really good, well done! and well done on your offer.

Haha thanks :biggrin:
Original post by littlemix012
That's so good, well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :biggrin:
A*A*A :-)
Hi all!!

I'm so happy I found this thread! I have a few questions to ask, and would sooo appreciate it if someone could help me understand haha! Royal Holloway was my fave uni by far, and just today they gave me an offer to study undergraduate Music - conditional on ABB, A for Music.

1) If I put royal Holloway first, is there a hope in hell they'll lower this offer?! ( I've been predicted A for drama, B for psychology and B for Music )
2) I thought as I achieved an A for EPQ and distinction for grade 8 , I would be offered a B for music anyway?
3) They asked if I could scan in any documents I have for grade 6+ exams - why is this?

Thanks in advanced!!
Original post by Thatgracegirl
Hi all!!

I'm so happy I found this thread! I have a few questions to ask, and would sooo appreciate it if someone could help me understand haha! Royal Holloway was my fave uni by far, and just today they gave me an offer to study undergraduate Music - conditional on ABB, A for Music.

1) If I put royal Holloway first, is there a hope in hell they'll lower this offer?! ( I've been predicted A for drama, B for psychology and B for Music )
2) I thought as I achieved an A for EPQ and distinction for grade 8 , I would be offered a B for music anyway?
3) They asked if I could scan in any documents I have for grade 6+ exams - why is this?

Thanks in advanced!!

Hey :smile:

I have applied for music as well!! Royal Holloway is definitely my favourite uni as well yay!! I would be happy to help with your Qs

1) I don't think the grades would change :frown: think about how many people are applying for the degree! ABB isn't too bad though, isn't it? Mind you, a levels are pretty hard this year...

2) this is an interesting one, they are both amazing accolades...maybe email them? What are you doing you EPQ on btw??

3) I did this like a week ago. It's just to prove you ain't lied on UCAS

It's so cool to meet another music student that really wants to go to Royal Holloway cause that's the boat I'm in :biggrin:

Any more questions just pop me a message

Charlie :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer the day after I sent my UCAS application off for psychology AAB but if I firm it would turn into an unconditional offer :smile:
Ooooh glad to have found this thread!
i recieved an offer from Holloway legit 24hrs after sending it!
I applied for BA Geography and it's ABB or unconditional if i firm :smile:
Original post by Shaaayxp
Got an offer the day after I sent my UCAS application off for psychology AAB but if I firm it would turn into an unconditional offer :smile:

Well done!! That's amazing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zara0526
Ooooh glad to have found this thread!
i recieved an offer from Holloway legit 24hrs after sending it!
I applied for BA Geography and it's ABB or unconditional if i firm :smile:

That's so good! Ikr they are actually so fast 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done!! That's amazing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I really wasn't expecting it :biggrin: congrats on your offer... And I see your also applying to kCL too :tongue:
Original post by Shaaayxp
Thank you! I really wasn't expecting it :biggrin: congrats on your offer... And I see your also applying to kCL too :tongue:

Haha yeah giving it a shot. I have been offered ABB from kings so it was awesome! Defo going to Royal Holloway though...I couldn't deal with a city..was just kind of seeing if they would give me an offer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yeah giving it a shot. I have been offered ABB from kings so it was awesome! Defo going to Royal Holloway though...I couldn't deal with a city..was just kind of seeing if they would give me an offer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer for psychology at kings but since I live in London now I kinda want to get away :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending