The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Personal Statement

Hello, I was just wondering, what kind of things do the admissions tutors look for in an admissions statement? What would impress them? Also, if I'm thinking about applying to two different courses at Westminster (law and international relations) how should I structure my statement?

Finally, as Westminster will be my first choice, what is the likelihood of me getting an offer compared to me not getting an offer for either courses

Thank you so much and I'm very sorry to bother you x

Many Thanks
Samiha
Reply 1
Original post by Samihab
Hello, I was just wondering, what kind of things do the admissions tutors look for in an admissions statement? What would impress them? Also, if I'm thinking about applying to two different courses at Westminster (law and international relations) how should I structure my statement?

Finally, as Westminster will be my first choice, what is the likelihood of me getting an offer compared to me not getting an offer for either courses

Many Thanks
Samiha

You need to spend about 70% of the statement focusing on the subject. This will be difficult if you're applying for 2 courses, since you'll come across as undecided and lacking commitment to either.

The tips here and the personal statement builder may help with ideas.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Samihab

Many Thanks
Samiha

Hi Samiha

If you are applying for two separate subject areas on your UCAS form you will need to tailor your personal statement to cover two different courses. I suggest 2-3 separate paragraphs focusing on Law then International Relations. You can then sum up why you are motivated/interested in both courses.

I'd like to also offer you the opportunity to work directly with our Outreach Officer Rosie Reynolds who is offering personal statement advice workshops to any student in the UK.

The email address for this is [email protected]. Students can send a draft of their personal statement and will receive feedback within 14 days. This is available now so please email Rosie if you have any questions.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending