The Student Room Group

He's dating someone else as well as me, what should I do?

I’m currently in a very emotional situation and I need some views and advice from an outside source. Basically, I have been chatting tothis guy for a few weeks. We were getting on great and yesterday we decided to meet up for a date. He lives about an hour away but this didn’t bother me as Idrive and was very eager to meet him.Anyway, we met and things couldn’t have gone better. We bothfelt very comfortable in each other’s company and he even told me he reallyenjoyed our time together. We shared a very passionate kiss and I told him Iwould absolutely love to see him again and he said the same.We’ve been chatting today and out of honesty he told me thathe has recently gone on a date with someone else and that also went very well.But he feels he may have more in common with me. He said he’s feeling veryconfused and feels he’s in a predicament. This has upset me tremendously, as I haven’t been on a date that went that well before. So the fact that I could lose him because there is someone else is very saddening and is of no help to myconfidence. I just don’t know what to do. I thanked him for his honesty. But Iam feeling really upset over it :frown: Any advice? Thankyou. ����rc���1
Find someone more loyal. You don't deserve this, and in the long run you'll be more happy. At the moment you're trying to find all the reasons in the world to stay with this person, but you will heal and recover a lot quicker by just doing what you need to do.

Good luck OP.
Original post by Lucarious30
Find someone more loyal. You don't deserve this, and in the long run you'll be more happy. At the moment you're trying to find all the reasons in the world to stay with this person, but you will heal and recover a lot quicker by just doing what you need to do.

Good luck OP.

They haven't even gone on a second date, let alone a relationship lol. Sounds like a pretty honest dude if he's mentioning the other people he's dating to keep OP in the know.
Original post by ChickenMadness
They haven't even gone on a second date, let alone a relationship lol. Sounds like a pretty honest dude if he's mentioning the other people he's dating to keep OP in the know.

Ah, I misread the post a little!
I agree he sounds honest, which is good. But wouldn't you prefer to date someone that knew they wanted to date you, instead of the chances he does a 'eenie meenie miney mo'
you need to up your game love.
Original post by Lucarious30
Ah, I misread the post a little!
I agree he sounds honest, which is good. But wouldn't you prefer to date someone that knew they wanted to date you, instead of the chances he does a 'eenie meenie miney mo'

I don't think it makes a difference. I've been in a position where I was partying a lot with these two girls and they both liked me and I liked them. I decided I liked one of them more pretty quick and then just switched to the one person and did the relationship thing. Should be a good sign if anything if you get picked over someone else.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I don't think it makes a difference. I've been in a position where I was partying a lot with these two girls and they both liked me and I liked them. I decided I liked one of them more pretty quick and then just switched to the one person and did the relationship thing. Should be a good sign if anything if you get picked over someone else.

Just realised I can't really debate against that as it's probably why I'm in a relationship right now.. I'd perhaps just be skeptical if the person is going to change their mind after choosing (in OP's case, not mine)

If it's taking him so long to choose a person he'd possibly be 'what if-ing' if something went wrong in the relationship, but can't judge the guy at this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending