Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This happened to anyone?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

Have you ever talked to someone you met online for a while, never met them, stop talking but you still can't forget about them for some reason and miss them even though you've never met them?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Mhm. Making online friends always upsets me in this respect as I end up getting along with them so well but they can always just stop talking to you whenver and unless you know their FB or whatever you're highly unlikely to know what the hell is happening etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone?
    Yes I have.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there's two I had to stop talking to as I had to delete my old Skype. One I didn't really have much in common with but the other I might reach out to again. And the others I stopped talking to, ended on a horrible note so I don't miss them, I just remember a few things we had talked about.

Anyone?
    Yeah and it hurts me so bad. I had been talking to someone online for about a month and i got too emotionally attached now we haven't spoken for a couple of days because he's not interested anymore and i feel like s*** and i don't even know him that well.

But i suppose it's for the best i guess … knew it wouldn't last.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever talked to someone you met online for a while, never met them, stop talking but you still can't forget about them for some reason and miss them even though you've never met them?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and it hurts me so bad. I had been talking to someone online for about a month and i got too emotionally attached now we haven't spoken for a couple of days because he's not interested anymore and i feel like s*** and i don't even know him that well.
    Yuperoo. In dreams when I was younger, I got attached to people I met in the dreams then "didn't get their email" or whatever. sed times.

(Original post by Aklaol)
    Yes I have.
    What happened?
    This is my situation I kind of ended things stupidly by saying was busy and things had come up and deleted him. Now I miss him so much but can't really go back to talking to him

What happened?

This is my situation I kind of ended things stupidly by saying was busy and things had come up and deleted him. Now I miss him so much but can't really go back to talking to him
    Yes someone who i can relate too. I kept joking around with him and he only wanted to be FWBs and i couldn't commit so he just lost interest and kept wanting to talk to him but he said that there would be no point. So he has now just faded away… like he had never spoken or known me. Probably just wanted sex… i wasn't up for that so maybe it was for the best but i still want to talk generally as a friend with him but he doesn't want me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    What happened?

What happened? Hmm... We just stopped talking. We were really good friends at one point, but she wanted more than friendship (which I wasn't interested in). Everything after that became a little awkward, so overtime we just stopped talking. It's kinda sad because we literally texted eachother all day everyday. From the moment I woke up (7:30 am) to the moment I went to sleep (3 - 4 am)... As you can see, we talked a little too much. It's a real shame that this friendship somewhat ended... I've tried messaging her on Kik and Skype, but after 2 months I've recieved no reply (I think she blocked me). I really would like to start speaking to her again, but I don't really think it's likely atm....

ReputationRep:
    I used to a prominent player in an online game, #1 at one stage and ended the game at #3, due some thing. while playing that game for 5 years i meet some really great people, but i also meet a bunch of scum. so much back stabbing happened in that game, one of our founders of the alliance backstabbed us all and destroyed our chances of winning since he didnt like another leader, he also had some mental health issue and was very lonely, had to honestly ask a 18 year old not to kill himself when i was 16ish ... i did like the guy and he was so great but then he just destroyed us overnight and told us all his problems and everyone in my alliance hated his guts, and i had to talk him ou tof killing himself. The leader he didnt like was also a real peice of work, she would start trouble for no reason, demand to be leader and quit, then redemand, and kept doing this; she was a needy 30 somthing year old, who just seemed like she had no life. I took up sole founder for a year, was founder for almost 4 years, but holding 200 people together while of them whine and cry about little stuff, and i mean i only become founder since i was one of those whiny people, who actually did something, instead of whining, so i understood where they were coming from, but i didnt have the time or will to keep 200 ppl going for more than a year of my life.

anyways even with the large amount of back stabbing, and i mean large amount of ppl i played 3 year + with, i still meet some really great people, and honestly do think what theyre up to on a blue moon. i mean i talked almost everyday to some of these people, got to know them grealtly, their life story, their jobs, their kids ect ect. As much i enjoyed it the backstabbing just made me quit the game once it was done.

anyways off thatlong story, for the great people i meet and played with for 5 year, sometimes i do wonder what theyre up to, but we all chose not to stay in contact or i chose not to, since i was done with the game and leading 200 people.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.