Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you love about yourself?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    You can never get that emoji right. :rofl:
    :rolleyes:
    Hahaha its because i type it lmao but yeah ill try once again behen :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, there is self love and then there is that. :rofl:
    the situation tho=)))))))))
    i find it hard to believe that this crap is real

ReputationRep:
    Another one I guess is I'm not afraid to say I'm a geek. These days it's a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Another one I guess is I'm not afraid to say I'm a geek. These days it's a good thing
    Same! I love being a geek, geek is good

Also now learned to love my height (taken me ages to realise there is nothing wrong with being a 5'10 female)

ReputationRep:
    composite route ie: doing it all at once?It is true that places underpay graduates. 14K is an absolute and utter rip off. Straight off graduating, you are worth at least 25K. After a year, you are worth at least 30K. Even at my last place where they underpaid me, I was paid 24K + shift allowance. The other company darn sarth offered 45K when you consider shift allowance and bonus.

14K is silly. Pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

I received 12.5K on my placement year.... They upped it to 15K the year after. 14K is stupidly low. I wouldn't accept any thing that gives you less than 24K
    Yeah, doing the 200-120 (Or 200-125 as it is now)

Yeah! :yep:

I'd accept 20-25k initially, but that's on the premise I've never actually been inside or touched a production network (e.g. not been on a placement year or such), so I'd find it fair. But someone with even any experience shouldn't be on that. Only way I'd accept otherwise is with 'first class' training.. Not sat on a dummy network configuring OSPF... For the life of me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Yeah, doing the 200-120 (Or 200-125 as it is now)

Yeah! :yep:

I'd accept 20-25k initially, but that's on the premise I've never actually been inside or touched a production network (e.g. not been on a placement year or such), so I'd find it fair. But someone with even any experience shouldn't be on that. Only way I'd accept otherwise is with 'first class' training.. Not sat on a dummy network configuring OSPF... For the life of me..
    In the first three months doing provisioning. Damn that was easy work! Dummy networks are sometimes needed tbh

ReputationRep:
    That's great. Good luck in your future endeavours.

I'm also emotionally stifled. :emo:
    Thanks, best of luck to you too.
    You got any idea why you're stifled emotionally? I find this sort of thing interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    Same! I love being a geek, geek is good

Also now learned to love my height (taken me ages to realise there is nothing wrong with being a 5'10 female)
    Not so fond of my height (169cm)...and weight (TOo much)

Mentally I'm cool tho!

ReputationRep:
    Not so fond of my height (169cm)...and weight (TOo much)

Mentally I'm cool tho!
    Haha same, I'm mentally awesome and I'm like 177 so I'm the average height of a guy

I've lost at least like 65lbs since last year (down to 154lbs) but I still want to lose another 9lbs to be happy

ReputationRep:
    Haha same, I'm mentally awesome and I'm like 177 so I'm the average height of a guy

I've lost at least like 65lbs since last year (down to 154lbs) but I still want to lose another 9lbs to be happy
    In fairness I guess at least my height is a decent height for a south Asian person

I'd be happy if I lost 15Kg

ReputationRep:
    In fairness I guess at least my height is a decent height for a south Asian person

I'd be happy if I lost 15Kg
    Yeah you've done okay in the height department, I'm white so I'm quite tall for a girl but idc

And god I know the feeling, just slowly reduce your meal portions and walk more and you'll do it easily, losing it is actually not that difficult it's the keeping it off which it tough. Drink lots of water too, it reduces cravings (I've totally cut out fizzy drinks and sweets not which I'm proud about)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you've done okay in the height department, I'm white so I'm quite tall for a girl but idc

And god I know the feeling, just slowly reduce your meal portions and walk more and you'll do it easily, losing it is actually not that difficult it's the keeping it off which it tough. Drink lots of water too, it reduces cravings (I've totally cut out fizzy drinks and sweets not which I'm proud about)
    Yeah the water is a big un tbh! First I need to find out why I'm very tired

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the water is a big un tbh! First I need to find out why I'm very tired
    Stress is usually a reason but idk

ReputationRep:
    Stress is usually a reason but idk
    Last time it was for a lack of iron. I sure hope it's not. The NHS won't allow me to donate blood for another 6 months any way, but still...

ReputationRep:
    According to a recent test I did...this. I am very surprised

For a Network engineer job

Binary Freak - a test for an ISP I didn't know my knowledge was "strong" I figured my knowledge was "OK" but I guess that's because my practical experience isn't as good
    Disappointed in the ports

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last time it was for a lack of iron. I sure hope it's not. The NHS won't allow me to donate blood for another 6 months any way, but still...
    Ghee you should really go find out if that was the issue last time, not being able to donate does not matter when it could be your health at risk here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Disappointed in the ports

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was too tbh. IT was more about NAT stuff though tbf. Tbh NAT can go die in a hole. It wasn't about common ports either

Ghee you should really go find out if that was the issue last time, not being able to donate does not matter when it could be your health at risk here
    It matters a lot to me I'm registering at the local one tomorrow, and making an appointment! I want to donate, but atm they won't let me any way because I came back from a malaria hit area...so they won't let me for six months which Im pretty annoyed about

ReputationRep:
    I was too tbh. IT was more about NAT stuff though tbf. Tbh NAT can go die in a hole. It wasn't about common ports either

It matters a lot to me I'm registering at the local one tomorrow, and making an appointment! I want to donate, but atm they won't let me any way because I came back from a malaria hit area...so they won't let me for six months which Im pretty annoyed about
    Fair enough then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Matrix123 1 of the main sisters because she is so nice to me haha but idk if we are brother & sisters anymore
    mediaya really helpful sister
    PrincessBO$$ 1 of my first sisters who told me about Aysha lol
    Tasnia'x she still owes me Pringles which she is sending me through post
    tasha_tah she is a new sister but idk if she is my sister , not talked about it yet the deed hasnt been done yet i think
    helpful?!?1 dont tell me..................:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Woahh didn't know about that!

You obviously fulfilled your role of older brother well by not telling me who all my siblings are
    But does this mean mediaya PrincessBO$$ Tasnia'x and tasha_tah (maybe if there's confirmation she is your sister) are my sisters too?

Edit: Oh I forget about the possible ending of our siblingship (real word ) :bawling:

Does this make us sisters then? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeeeees you are my sister too :ahee:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.