Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Bad predicted grades? What should I do?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Last year I really struggled with motivation and ended up leaving everything to the last minute, barely revising for my AS levels at all. In the end I came out with AABB which obviously isn't terrible, but I was disappointed as I knew I could do much better and I couldn't be proud of myself because I was lazy and put in no work. My teachers have predicted me AABB again, but I was hoping to apply to Cambridge where the requirements are A*A*A. I believe that I can at least achieve A*A*BB and possibly even A*A*AB as I am having tutoring for all of my subjects this year. I don't know what to do as my school is very strict about predicted grades. I feel like my teachers now underestimate my ability when in reality I just didn't put in any effort; I could have done much better. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to carry on all 4 AS Levels? Most colleges encourage you to drop one - if you do, you might be able to achieve A*A*A* rather than A*A*AB as you can focus on three A levels rather than four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightfagami)
    Do you have to carry on all 4 AS Levels? Most colleges encourage you to drop one - if you do, you might be able to achieve A*A*A* rather than A*A*AB as you can focus on three A levels rather than four.
    I already dropped Economics which I took for AS however my school teaches maths and further maths as one subject so I have to take 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenniisobel)
    Last year I really struggled with motivation and ended up leaving everything to the last minute, barely revising for my AS levels at all. In the end I came out with AABB which obviously isn't terrible, but I was disappointed as I knew I could do much better and I couldn't be proud of myself because I was lazy and put in no work. My teachers have predicted me AABB again, but I was hoping to apply to Cambridge where the requirements are A*A*A. I believe that I can at least achieve A*A*BB and possibly even A*A*AB as I am having tutoring for all of my subjects this year. I don't know what to do as my school is very strict about predicted grades. I feel like my teachers now underestimate my ability when in reality I just didn't put in any effort; I could have done much better. What should I do?
    An AABB prediction will pretty much rule you out for NatSci at Cambridge.

The most realistic route will be to achieve, or ideally exceed, the typical offer and apply post A-level.

So apply to 5 other unis this cycle, and then see what happens on Results Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.