The Student Room Group

Unprotected sex after taking the pill

How long should my partner wait after taking the pill to have unprotected sex? No ejaculation, just the fear of pre-*** or whatever

Thank in advance people
Reply 1
It's been 5 days, will we be ok?
Original post by Anonymous
How long should my partner wait after taking the pill to have unprotected sex? No ejaculation, just the fear of pre-*** or whatever

Thank in advance people

It depends what type of pills she's on, you can't just take one and think you're sorted. If she takes the mini pill (progesterone only) she has to take it two days prior. Unless it's the combined pill, which is 7 days prior, unless she took the first pill on the first day of her period then she's immediately protected. But I doubt you're gonna do it on her period so it's basically 7 days.

Unless..

You're talking about emergency contraception which you only take one of. However, I'm saying this now- there's no official statistics on that because it's for emergencies and meant to be taken after unprotected sex. So if you have it in mind to just take it before, that's really dumb.
Original post by Anonymous
It's been 5 days, will we be ok?

What type of pills does she take?
How about using a condom maybe?
Reduces the risk dramatically! :yep:
And if you don't pull out, shes screwed unfortunately.
Reply 5
Original post by liquidconfidence
It depends what type of pills she's on, you can't just take one and think you're sorted. If she takes the mini pill (progesterone only) she has to take it two days prior. Unless it's the combined pill, which is 7 days prior, unless she took the first pill on the first day of her period then she's immediately protected. But I doubt you're gonna do it on her period so it's basically 7 days.

Unless..

You're talking about emergency contraception which you only take one of. However, I'm saying this now- there's no official statistics on that because it's for emergencies and meant to be taken after unprotected sex. So if you have it in mind to just take it before, that's really dumb.

Original post by liquidconfidence
What type of pills does she take?

We dont know, she's been on the pill for over 2 years at least if that's helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending