Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting oneself pregnant..is it illegal?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Right 2 things:
    1) OP is probably trolling.
    2) Your post/advice was actually serious!? What a horrible thing to do to anyone. Anyone who deliberately does that should have to get a f**king abortion. Absolutely unacceptable.
    I'm dead serious.*

I also wouldn't have an abortion because I'm pro-life. No one will force me to have an abortion, it would be a violation of my human rights.*

You sound angry. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    All attractive, succesful career driven 30 year old females i know post on student internet forums
    Well, I'm not as frequent as I used to be when I was a student. However, I do come here when I have questions that break social norms, as I don't have any other outlet for them.

If I asked my friends and family this question, I would probably put myself in a difficult position.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    OP irl:

Lol that picture is so creepy.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    yo everybody stop it with this alpha male ****
    humans are supposed to evolved creatures ffs
    and why don't you look for a stable relationship? what are you gonna tell your kid when it's old enough to ask about its dad?
    sorry kiddo but you ain't got no dad, all i needed from him was a squirt of seed, cause he was an alpha
    but hey don't worry maybe you've inherited the alpha gene

rant over
    Alpha males aren't relationship material. They are FWB material.

I don't see myself with a Beta male.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    No, not illegal but... immoral, why?

If you're that desperate for children, maybe consider getting a sperm donor or adopting
    I could go for the sperm donor option, but if I already have a FWB who meets my criteria, I would prefer that.*

ReputationRep:
    Its not illegal but why do it that way:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Oh wow. Thanks feminism!

Reality check: women are going to have to have to shake off some of the illusions of (pseudo)progressive 'liberation' and seek out, attract, and settle for dependable father figures, and work at their relationships, if they're at all bothered about the welfare of their children and fabric of our society. See the issue of fatherlessness FYR :yy:
    Foo, how long have you been on this site, and you took this for serious?

ReputationRep:
    Just f**k a gorilla, they're at least six times stronger than men. That's alpha.

ReputationRep:
    Get IVF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Foo, how long have you been on this site, and you took this for serious?
    c.7 years, and yes, sadly I have to take this sort of crap seriously (even if a particular manifestation is mostly just for the lulz), and help mankind knock it on the head, before it completely rots/destabilises our civilisation:mute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    I could go for the sperm donor option, but if I already have a FWB who meets my criteria, I would prefer that.*
    That's just not nice.

ReputationRep:
    That's just not nice.
    I agree with you, this is kinda scary tbh. :s

ReputationRep:
    That's just not nice.
    Okay, I'm not going to do it, but it has crossed my mind and I know I'm a horrible human being. I know two single mums in my generation who have made it, fair enough that they don't have the husbands, but they have made it big as entrepenuers, can afford to get their kids in private schools and have it all really. However, I think accidentally becoming single mothers at a young age was character building for them so their situation is different.*

I agree with posters who have said this is imoral and not nice, a sad reflection on our society. However, I do wonder how many women might do this sort of thing, it's probably a small minority. I know there are women who get themselves pregnant to try and keep a guy, but that's a different intention.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    Okay, I'm not going to do it, but it has crossed my mind and I know I'm a horrible human being. I've know two single mums in my generation who have made it, fair enough that they don't have the husbands, but they have made it big as entrepenuers, can afford to get their kids in private schools and have it all really. However, I think accidentally becoming single mothers at a young age was character building for them so their situation is different.*

I agree with posters who have said this is imoral and not nice, a sad reflection on our society. However, I do wonder how many women might do this sort of thing, it's probably a small minority. I know there are women who get themselves pregnant to try and keep a guy, but that's a different intention.*
    Single mothers can do a wonderful job, but tricking someone like that isn't the way to get pregnant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    c.7 years, and yes, sadly I have to take this sort of crap seriously (even if a particular manifestation is mostly just for the lulz), and help mankind knock it on the head, before it completely rots/destabilises our civilisation:mute:
    This made me laugh 😂

ReputationRep:
    Single mothers can do a wonderful job, but tricking someone like that isn't the way to get pregnant
    If someone did that to me, (unlikely I know lol) I would never speak to them ever again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    This made me laugh 😂
    Ditto (or cry, depending on whether you were serious with the OP):chaplin:

(Original post by RDKGames)
    Wow....

I don't even know where to begin with you.
    With flowers and a box of chocolates.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting.....*https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...trup?CMP=fb_gu

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.