Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He's dating someone else along with me?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hey, basically I am in need of some advice. I have been speaking to a guy for a few weeks and we've been getting on great. On Sunday we met up for our first date and it went absolutely perfect.

He told me he felt very comfortable around me and thought I was lovely. We shared a very passionate kiss and we both agreed we are pretty eager to meet again.

We were texting yesterday and out of honesty he told me that he had also recently been on a date with someone else, which went well. He said he felt he was in a predicament as he doesn't know what to do at the moment. I can't help but feel I'd be option number 2 or that I'm in competition with this other guy he's seeing. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. Are you a girl seeing a bisexual guy or a guy seeing a gay guy? Or did you mean he's seeing another girl? Not that it makes a difference but I'm interested.

Anyway, it's still in the early stages so he can date anyone for now. He hasn't committed himself to anyone so you are still an option. Keep the momentum going and grab his attention. Also no harm in you finding other guys in the meantime. You aren't in a relationship so it's all fair game.

ReputationRep:
    That's how the dating game works I'm afraid, they say you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. Don't get attached so early on and date other people in the meantime.

(Original post by Mj2014)
    Hey, basically I am in need of some advice. I have been speaking to a guy for a few weeks and we've been getting on great. On Sunday we met up for our first date and it went absolutely perfect.

He told me he felt very comfortable around me and thought I was lovely. We shared a very passionate kiss and we both agreed we are pretty eager to meet again.

We were texting yesterday and out of honesty he told me that he had also recently been on a date with someone else, which went well. He said he felt he was in a predicament as he doesn't know what to do at the moment. I can't help but feel I'd be option number 2 or that I'm in competition with this other guy he's seeing. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
    You need to know how you feel about it .

Its not uncommon to casually date more than one person, bit if it progresses then its usual to choose. People date like that in the USA. He has told you and isnt hiding anything.

At some stage as long as you decide its mutually exclusive (you shouldnt date anyone else) that you are in a more than casual relationship, then they should stop dating anyone else. A common line might be if you sleep with someone. Its up to the parties to decide if they are in a relationship and are a couple.

If you are against the idea of your potential dating someone else casually, then tell them its not for you. Either way is normal, so you should do what feels right to you.

These days its not uncommon for someone to try several dates as a result of online dating. Nothing to get too worried about.

ReputationRep:
    Fair's fair:

Ask him for an introduction to this other guy he went on a date with so that you can have an intimate date with him too.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.