Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Repeat module with attendance

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am in first year and have failed two modules! Throughout the year I had a hit a time when I went rock bottom due to something's at home. I submitted NEC's which backed up what was going on. I'm currently seeking to know will I. E allowed to go into my second year with these two failed modules or will I. E doing 40 credits this whole year in order to be on my second year?

ReputationRep:
    Your uni is best placed to advise as different unis have different policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Port128)
    Hi i am in first year and have failed two modules! Throughout the year I had a hit a time when I went rock bottom due to something's at home. I submitted NEC's which backed up what was going on. I'm currently seeking to know will I. E allowed to go into my second year with these two failed modules or will I. E doing 40 credits this whole year in order to be on my second year?
    Hi @Port128,

Sorry to hear this, it's probably best if you contact a member of your school's team. If you DM me on here with your school and course information then I can give you the contact information for whoever you need to get a hold of.

Cheers
    Tim - NTU TSR Rep

(Original post by Port128)
    Your department should tell you and we cnat really second guess what your department decides.

The rules are contained here

https://www4.ntu.ac.uk/adq/document_...ook/138197.pdf

Its at paragraphs 35 to 48.

We dont know what your results were, but they will ake into acount your circumstances, your previous performance and by how much you failed.

1. If you were very close to the 40% needed, then they cna give you a compensated pass. Think,38,39%.

2. If you were close, but they wont compensate then they may allow you to resit , but proceed into next year as well. The limit is normally 20 credits. Two modules is likely to be 40-60 credits, so although its possible, its less likely. You would have had to have been performing really well on the course.

3. If neither of the above then they may ask you to resit., but not attend. If you failed in the summer theres normally a chance just before term starts to resit, but we are already in September so I doubt that applies in this case and resits will be next summer.

4. If they feel none of the above, then you might be looking at retake which involves repeating the whole thing including attending the course again. the only good side is that if they accpet your ec, then they may not cap you at 40%.

If they require you to retake rather than resit its an important issue because one will not cost you any fees, but a retake will use a full years student finance up.

Fortunately Trent have provided useful information on the implications of this.
    http://www4.ntu.ac.uk/student_servic...art_of_course/

You will just have to see what the review/ appeals board says and which of the four outcomes they decide on. Only they can tell you.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.