The Student Room Group

Is spending £90 on a winter jacket a lot

Scroll to see replies

@struggler07 Learn how to use the quote function FFS, without them your posts have no context, make no sense and nobody knows who you're replying to.
Was it on sale it usually retails for like £800
How do you quote sorry
Deoends if you have it. I think its quite reasonable, but as said you get what you pay for.

Like the female Del Boy look do ya :colonhash:

OP, depends on what the jacket is. I wouldn't say it's expensive at all if it's a leather jacket, or a Barbour type wax proof. For a jacket that's going to last that's reasonable.
(edited 7 years ago)
OP it's worth it to splurge on something quality if you're going to use it often! Besides, it'll probably last longer so you'll be saving money as well. Classy colors like Carmel / Black is always nice :wink:
Moved to Fashion and Beauty
I just spent £250 on mine and felt that was excessive. £90 is fine if you feel it's within your means.
Original post by hezzlington
What jacket did you get? Don't say Canada Goose!!!
I've spent £295 on mine.

mine a buffalo leather from westrock clothing
Original post by catholicgirl
£90 is not a lot. Last winter I bought a coat from TK maxx for £80 and I still use it ( its really good quality).

Whenever I buy a coat from primark I end up only wearing it for a year.

Primark stuff is good to wear a few times and it tends to wear out pretty quickly, lots of loose threads, etc.

I'd call £90 an expensive jacket but if it's quality you should pay it...
£60 really isn't expensive for a coat, at all.
Barbours a good brand
Primarks really cheap and yeah the jackets quality
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends on your income
Coats and shoes are two things that I think one should invest in. A £40 quid coat might be good for one year, but after that they get tatty and worn. My more expensive coats have lasted me multiple years and still look great. So yes, Id definitely buy it instead of going for a cheaper, less quality coat.
better not that be those roadman puffer jackets
Yeah kinda is
Yes that's true couple years ago I thought £40 for a jacket was expensive, you get what you payed for more expensive means better quality
Nah wouldn't say, unless you're only planning on wearing it for the one season I suppose (even then it's your money).

I spent..I think the exact same tbh (90-100) on a winter coat from Next, used it for last 2-3 years, still in perfectly good condition.
Reply 39
OP got his student finance in.

Quick Reply

Latest