Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Very low UKCAT Score

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    I got BAND 4 ON SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT. 620 on QR, 560 AR, 540 VR. This is really really bad i know but is there any universities out there that might still consider my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roman hang Limbu)
    I got BAND 4 ON SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT. 620 on QR, 560 AR, 540 VR. This is really really bad i know but is there any universities out there that might still consider my application?
    I think Bristol is the only one medical school left which do not look at the UKCAT in UK. Also BMAT could be your another option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timewilltellu)
    I think Bristol is the only one medical school left which do not look at the UKCAT in UK. Also BMAT could be your another option?
    Would universities just ignore my application because of my UKCAT score even if i got the grade requirements in A-LEVEL? Also how do i apply for BMAT? I Cant seem to find the registration site.

ReputationRep:
    Would universities just ignore my application because of my UKCAT score even if i got the grade requirements in A-LEVEL? Also how do i apply for BMAT? I Cant seem to find the registration site.
    Well, you would need to apply to universities that only consider the UKCAT as a last resort. Here are a couple:

Bristol don't really consider your UKCAT score (they focus far more heavily on personal statement). Your UKCAT Score will only count towards around 10% of your application.

Cardiff only use the UKCAT in a tie-break situation. However, they normally take applicants with at least 5 A* grades at GCSE, so you need to have really good grades to back yourself up.

You can check out this blog: where to apply with a low UKCAT score.

Other than that, the BMAT official website can be found here!

You should definitely start preparing now, as the BMAT exam occurs on the 2nd of November!

Hope you find the above useful,
    The Medic Portal

(Original post by Timewilltellu)
    Even Bristol look at the UKCAT now - there isn't a single Medical School in England/Scotland now which don't look at an entry test.

ReputationRep:
    I think the really big warning sign is the band 4 on situational judgement, a uni that sees that will be like what the... I remember on UKCAT Ninja it said the SJT section should be okay as long as you're not a psychopath lmao all you need to do it is brush up on med ethics :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    I think the really big warning sign is the band 4 on situational judgement, a uni that sees that will be like what the... I remember on UKCAT Ninja it said the SJT section should be okay as long as you're not a psychopath lmao all you need to do it is brush up on med ethics :/
    Here is the thing tho i used to get Band 1 and Band 2 every single time when i did situational judgement in mocks. Band 4 really doesn't reflect my judgement skills. But of course Unis aren't going consider this.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.