Just one sec...
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

I cant afford the application fee, for sixth form.

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    As i said, I agree that teachers are important, but you need to be able to work hard without being spoon fed by your teachers.

If you can't find motivation to do something then no one can motivate you, be it a teacher or parent.

BTW, in biology you didn't have to write all the essays and analyse peoms or whatever
    I want a good teacher who can teach me and its not me trying to self-teach myself the whole syllabus because they're failing to control the class and seem unqualified and have no bloody idea what they're talking about. I have the motivation all i need is a decent teacher and not be stuck like last year with 4 math teachers who could not teach any maths causing the whole class to not do well, in their assessment because no matter how motivated you are if there is no one to teach and explain the material in the first place then good luck revising because there is no notes or anythign to revise from if you have a bad teacher, your pretty much condemned with failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMF1)
    Why are you complaining on TSR? Go get a part time job. Im also sure that if you live in the area radius they accept people from you can afford it (Main London). Im from a low income area and people who beg for money annoy me, we are all students and cant fund your dreams that's up to you. Try a go fund me just don't bring it here.

Also you have to pay an annual fee. the fee of £170 is 4% of that. If you cant afford the £170 you have no chance. The reason your parents don't wanna pay the first bit.
    Im applying for a bursary if you forgot to read the other posts, so what annual fee are you talking about!So instead of writing silly ill-informed comments you should be offering well thought through advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I want a good teacher who can teach me and its not me trying to self-teach myself the whole syllabus because they're failing to control the class and seem unqualified and have no bloody idea what they're talking about. I have the motivation all i need is a decent teacher and not be stuck like last year with 4 math teachers who could not teach any maths causing the whole class to not do well, in their assessment because no matter how motivated you are if there is no one to teach and explain the material in the first place then good luck revising because there is no notes or anythign to revise from if you have a bad teacher, your pretty much condemned with failure.
    tbh, I don't think there are teachers who don't know their subjects and are teaching A Levels... This isn't GCSEs.

And google has lots and lots of good resources which you can use...

But it's obviously your choice as to where you want to go. I didn't mean to be harsh or anything like that. Good luck and hope you can arrange the money to go to the sixth form you want

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.