Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

NI number and Bank Account

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have been approved for the Postgraduate Student Loan and am due to receive it on 26 th September, however I have not a bank account set up yet (in the process of doing so though) and I have not yet received my NI number( which I am also in the process of getting)

I am an EU student and I checked my account on the postgradaute loan website and it says 'blocked' what does this mean? please tell me I won't have to apply again and as an EU citizen do I stil l need the NI number before I can get the loan payments (as I understand this can take weeks to get and my interview is not until 1st October)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

As an EU student you are required to provide a national insurance number. We do however need bank details before payments are released, this may be why they are blocked. You do not need to apply again however there are several reasons why your payments may be blocked therefore I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to view your account and check why this is.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carly SFE)
    Hi,

As an EU student you are required to provide a national insurance number. We do however need bank details before payments are released, this may be why they are blocked. You do not need to apply again however there are several reasons why your payments may be blocked therefore I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to view your account and check why this is.

Thanks
    It says online that payments may br blocked if bamk details and NI number havent been supplied both of which apply in my case. I should have the bank details in the next 2/3 days, the NI in a few weeks. What other reasons could my payments be blocked for and please tell me I am still going to get it after all this? My crn is 32547867824 if you could check this out for me?
    Thanks

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.