The Student Room Group

NI number and Bank Account

Hi there,

I have been approved for the Postgraduate Student Loan and am due to receive it on 26 th September, however I have not a bank account set up yet (in the process of doing so though) and I have not yet received my NI number( which I am also in the process of getting)

I am an EU student and I checked my account on the postgradaute loan website and it says 'blocked' what does this mean? please tell me I won't have to apply again and as an EU citizen do I stil l need the NI number before I can get the loan payments (as I understand this can take weeks to get and my interview is not until 1st October)
Hi,

As an EU student you are required to provide a national insurance number. We do however need bank details before payments are released, this may be why they are blocked. You do not need to apply again however there are several reasons why your payments may be blocked therefore I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to view your account and check why this is.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Carly SFE
Hi,

As an EU student you are required to provide a national insurance number. We do however need bank details before payments are released, this may be why they are blocked. You do not need to apply again however there are several reasons why your payments may be blocked therefore I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607 in order for us to view your account and check why this is.

Thanks

It says online that payments may br blocked if bamk details and NI number havent been supplied both of which apply in my case. I should have the bank details in the next 2/3 days, the NI in a few weeks. What other reasons could my payments be blocked for and please tell me I am still going to get it after all this? My crn is 32547867824 if you could check this out for me?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending