Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

why do people dislike clubbing?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    I find it funny how some guys have no rhythm what so ever - totally out of sync with the beat/music.
    Also lots of people go clubbing and don't dance you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Also lots of people go clubbing and don't dance you know?
    Thats like going shopping and not buying anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    Thats like going shopping and not buying anything.
    Some of us just go to sightsee the wildlife !

ReputationRep:
    The first few times I had fun clubbing, then it got repetitive. I can still go once in a while but it is not something to do on a regular basis. I much prefer to sit down with people at a pub or cafe and interact with them properly, have good conversation. Either that or a fun nature activity, or a visit to the museum, cinema etc. I rarely drink so clubbing is usually dancing while sober.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the music they play; every time I go clubbing the people around me take "mood enhancing drugs" the sort of which do nothing to me but make me vomit - this happens no matter who I'm with; I can't even contemplate drinking alcohol to have a good time - as a person with depression alcohol makes me feel worse, I tried to do clubbing on soft drinks but just ended up having my drink spiked with vodka by someone who is no longer a friend. I haven't been clubbing for about five years and it isn't something I feel I'm missing out on.

I'd rather go to the pub for a night out, at least you can hear yourself think and spend all night sat in the beer garden if the mood so takes you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i can understand if people don't like to drink, whether it be a religious reason; health anxiety; expensiveness of alcohol; bad taste, etc. but why are there people who don't like clubbing? what is there not to like about dancing with friends to good music til the early hours of the morning??? i don't get it
    Some might disagree with the "good music" thing. The sort of music that most clubs play isn't my type of music.

Not sure if you're trolling, but thought I'd take the bait anyway. If you haven't started uni yet, I would suggest that you be more tolerant of what people find enjoyable or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Cuz, raging introverts will be raging introverts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    this whole thread was a bad idea. i'm really scared that everyone at freshers' is going to be like these people because rn it seems like more people hate clubbing than they like it ......

ReputationRep:
    this whole thread was a bad idea. i'm really scared that everyone at freshers' is going to be like these people because rn it seems like more people hate clubbing than they like it ......
    First rule of TSR: it's generally not representative of all students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 303Pharma)
    Everyone on MDMA can dance
    This!

ReputationRep:
    I just don't enjoy the vibe. I don't find enjoyment in getting totally drunk, waiting in long lines, dancing in sweaty and dirty clubs with creepers all over the place. Call me old fashioned but I prefer my bed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    This!

:eek: i didn't say they can dance well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 303Pharma)
    :eek: i didn't say they can dance well
    But at least they can dance On the other hand, how well they can dance is subjective and is open to interpretation.

ReputationRep:
    Hot, Sweaty, Expensive, Boring, Painful, Tiring, un-social, ridiculous hours, unpleasant clientelle etc. etc. the possibilities are endless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    This!

Their overspeed, jerky movements remind me of those videos you see of soldiers on parade in the early 1900s

ReputationRep:
    Its not really meant for students. its always been a haven for blacks, hooligans and gays since the days of disco/house in Chicago/NY.

ReputationRep:
    forgot i'm asking this to a bunch of people on TSR what do you guys do at freshers, then?
    Honestly I've been tired or ill so haven't bothered to buy a ticket plus I'd have to find someone to go with besides the one guy I met who seem a tad busy also.

ReputationRep:
    Mainly because I'm not into top 40 music, if I want to be in a hot room full of sweaty people I'd rather go to a gig to see a band I like got nothing against people who do like clubbing though

Its all about WHO you go with*

ReputationRep:
    too much hassle

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I always get an awful headache when I try to stay longer than half an hour (which is odd as I can go to gigs just fine), which means that it's not really worth going. Additionally there are many activities that I prefer doing over clubbing, so I try to do them as much as possible instead

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?
Useful resources

Articles:

Freshers guidePreparing for universityGuide to Freshers' WeekCity and nightlife guidesAlcohol guide for freshersStaying safe at uniBudgeting and financeStudent foodTravel and getting aroundUniversity study tipsHow to write your dissertation in just four weeksA week in the life of a uni student

Sponsored features:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Canterbury Christ Church University logo

Canterbury Christ Church University

Discover more about this community-focused university

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick link:

Unanswered uni life threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.