The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Anyone studying Engineering foundation year? What are your thoughts?

I'm doing the engineering foundation year course at Northumbria. If you'd like to discuss your opinion, feel free to post a comment
Reply 1
Hello there I've applied for engineering foundation year for 2017. I would just like to ask you a couple of questions if that's okay. What are your thoughts about the course so far? What is the timetable like? And also how many marks do you need to progress onto first year of degree?
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by Adam9505
Hello there I've applied for engineering foundation year for 2017. I would just like to ask you a couple of questions if that's okay. What are your thoughts about the course so far? What is the timetable like? And also how many marks do you need to progress onto first year of degree?

Hi there,

First of all, the course is really good and the quality of teaching is very high. The lecturers I have are very helpful and explain all of the technical stuff really well. We're taught a really wide range of topics so if you're unsure about which degree path is right for you, there's ample time to decide.

The timetable is quite busy however, lectures are spaced out fairly well, with ample room to work on assignments. I have quite a few early finishes as well. The earliest a lecture will start is 9AM.

You must attain an average of at least 40% to pass the degree programme. You need 70% for physics and Civil Engineering.
Reply 3
Original post by Idontkow
Hi there,

First of all, the course is really good and the quality of teaching is very high. The lecturers I have are very helpful and explain all of the technical stuff really well. We're taught a really wide range of topics so if you're unsure about which degree path is right for you, there's ample time to decide.

The timetable is quite busy however, lectures are spaced out fairly well, with ample room to work on assignments. I have quite a few early finishes as well. The earliest a lecture will start is 9AM.

You must attain an average of at least 40% to pass the degree programme. You need 70% for physics and Civil Engineering.

I am studying this in sept 2017, thank you very much for the information!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending