Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Can I fit in here?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

The answer is yes. The here is the space between my wall and the back of my bed.

I am currently sitting - strike that - hiding behind my bed because I'm feeling extremely anxious and do not feel like dealing with my family at the moment.

Welcome to my freshers blog! I will probably delete it before anyone reads it!

Join an anxious, depressed, socially awkward, geek, ethnic minority who is used to being the majority, non alcohol drinking, introverted, extremely blunt girl through her first year at university!

Does this sound appealing? No! But read on anyway.

A basic introduction of myself...

I'm about to start (on the following Monday) a degree in Nursing @ a university up north .

I'm moving all the way from London (I know :O) and have completely mixed feelings - I want to have freedom but my anxiety has resulted in me freaking myself out about it (nothing new there). The fact that a lot of my friends who've already started haven't had anything good to say about their university experience is certainly not helping!

I of course have a few other worries...

Such as the fact it is statistically more likely that I will encounter racism and or islamophobia moving from an area that is made up of 59% ethnic minorities to an area that has 10% ethnic minorities. Considering that I have miraculously never had to deal with racism or islamophobia, this issue particularly scares me

Or the fact that I do not drink and that may automatically make me an outsider of sorts?

Let's not forget the deep rooted mental health issues that have a way of getting in the way of everything!

I don't know how this year is going to go but if you're worried about facing any of these problems (or even if you're not ) why don't you tag along and see how it goes?

Update: I have since left the space between my bed and the wall, but boy do I miss it.

It is the day before I move I'm leaving at six in the morning so I can get there in time

I haven't written much since I have yet to start but hopefully this will pick up starting tomorrow. In all honesty this very well may be my last post, but we can hope

Good Luck going to Uni

imjustnotnormal How is it going?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.