The Student Room Group

Futurelearn

Would doing courses on FutureLearn improve the chances of getting into uni? My friend and I are thinking of doing a few courses that are related to our chosen degree so we can mention it in our personal statement
Original post by Anonymous
Would doing courses on FutureLearn improve the chances of getting into uni? My friend and I are thinking of doing a few courses that are related to our chosen degree so we can mention it in our personal statement

You really shouldn't be doing things 'so you can mention it in your personal statement'. If you've got an interest in the course and you think you could get something out of it then I would definitely encourage you to take it and if you found it inspiring, mention it on your personal statement. But take it out of interest, not for your UCAS application.
Well it'd give ya something to talk about and if you find what you learn interesting then it should help you out, yeah. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Plagioclase
You really shouldn't be doing things 'so you can mention it in your personal statement'. If you've got an interest in the course and you think you could get something out of it then I would definitely encourage you to take it and if you found it inspiring, mention it on your personal statement. But take it out of interest, not for your UCAS application.

I did say that the courses would be related to our chosen degree so ofc we're gonna be interested in it
Original post by Anonymous
I did say that the courses would be related to our chosen degree so ofc we're gonna be interested in it

Well then do it! Anything that's related to your subject that interests you is worth doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending