Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I went through a red light in the UK when on a holiday what will happen

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    What will happen to me as I went through a red light driving a UK residents car, what will happen ?

ReputationRep:
    The red light will eventually turn back to amber then green

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you got caught, and they can trace your car's registration details, you might get a letter in the post asking you to pay a fine. If not, you won't.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be shanked in prison.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean a red light district?

ReputationRep:
    I've just reread your original post. By ''UK residents car'' do you mean that it was somebody else's car you were driving at the time?

If you had insurance for this UK resident's car (and a valid driving license) you may or may not get a fine. If you were not insured, then it's more complicated.

If you were driving without insurance, you would normally get a bigger fine (triple digits) and points on any UK license you have.

If the UK resident who owned the car knew that you were driving without insurance, they can also get a fine and points. If they didn't know that you were driving their car, then you could be arrested for TWOC.

ReputationRep:
    I read this as went through the red light district and I was very confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Do you mean a red light district?
    Dat is nasty.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.