Job interview

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview to work as a door to door sales adviser any tips

ReputationRep:
    be confident !

ReputationRep:
    Don't go to the interview, I ****ing hate door to door salesmen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalazarSlytherin)
    Don't go to the interview, I ****ing hate door to door salesmen.
    well No because it pays extremely well and all i would be doing is offering people cheaper energy prices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john1332123)
    well No because it pays extremely well and all i would be doing is offering people cheaper energy prices
    What is "extremely well"? And no, all you will be doing is pissing everyone off.

ReputationRep:
    Do you work on commission? I'm sorry but I hate door to door sales people

ReputationRep:
    Look at all this love (!) Be confident, Smile, don't overthink, do some background research on the company, have a chewing gum but make sure to chuck it out before the interview, eat well, phone on silent, dress smartly, just some of the tips I'd use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalazarSlytherin)
    What is "extremely well"? And no, all you will be doing is pissing everyone off.
    72 k a year

ReputationRep:
    72 k a year
    is that an actual salary or what you 'could' earn through commission if you're successful... I suspect the second... be wary of those estimated incomes, they are often pulled from thin air or only a couple of really fantastic salesmen are able to meet them while others struggle to average minimum wage and never know what they will earn from one month to the next

in a sales interview though obviously talking about sales experience is good but you mostly want to come across as friendly and personable as those people are most likely to sell products

ReputationRep:
    LOL you already have the job, you'll be sat down over a coffee with someone who already works there, asked why you want the job and what you think would make you good at the job, they'll shake your hand, and tell you to come in the following day for some training where they'll basically teach you the patter, and how to turn people's objections around.

72k is when you have multiple tiers of people under you, and you're relying on your teams sales, realistically, you're looking at 3 sales a day as a good day.

Make sure you have a salary and it's not all commission based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    LOL you already have the job, you'll be sat down over a coffee with someone who already works there, asked why you want the job and what you think would make you good at the job, they'll shake your hand, and tell you to come in the following day for some training where they'll basically teach you the patter, and how to turn people's objections around.

72k is when you have multiple tiers of people under you, and you're relying on your teams sales, realistically, you're looking at 3 sales a day as a good day.

they did seem relaxed on the phone about it

ReputationRep:

also do you really think it will be that easy and why, have you had experience

ReputationRep:

and its not all commission

ReputationRep:
    John take this from someone who has spent the past 6 years of their lives working in sales, honestly, don't bother going to the Interview. I'm going to assume it was advertised as "GRADUATE DOOR TO DOOR SALES URGENTLY REQUIRED, NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED" with a ridiculously over the top earning potential. Yeah, no.

That earning potential, as it has already been mentioned, will more than likely be minimum wage on the dot, maybe even less because the law with minimum wage when earning commission defends the employer, not the employee.

Secondly, door to door sales, is the ****test piece of **** to ever wipe itself on our society. I promise you, without any shadow of a doubt that you will wish you hadn't have gone to the interview. Trust me when I say, you can do so much better.

ReputationRep:
    I hate salesmen They prey on the elderly and gullible

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this makes a difference but they did ask for experience with door-to-door sales and the man on the phone literally said to me if you don't mind going and knocking on peoples doors in the rain then this is the job for you what do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And to all those who say that they hate salespeople I wouldn't be the type of sleazy salesman I would be completely honest on how much money they would be saving and whether they would be saving at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And to all those who say that they hate salespeople I wouldn't be the type of sleazy salesman I would be completely honest on how much money they would be saving and whether they would be saving at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, but at the end of the day you are a salesman and people will despise you no matter what you say. Why should they trust some random individual who goes round knocking on doors? Thirsty much?! You could also be viewed as a scammer or a ********ting ****?

ReputationRep:
    Well I say there's no harm in trying it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you've already had sales experience the interview should be a breeze.

Confidence with experience = good. <this is your friend
    Cockiness = bad.

I'm going to level with you, here are some realistic expectations:
    - As long as you're not complacent in the interview, you'll get an offer I'm pretty sure of it. BUT, this will have more to do with the fact that sales roles are despised not only by their salesman but by their victims too, they'll wreck you!
    - You're not going to earn £72k a year from a door-to-door salesmen role
    - You're more likely to earn £7.2 per hour, maybe a little more if you're lucky

I'm now going to give you my two pennies worth (devalued British currency, THANKS BREXIT!) as a veteran.
    When I saw what sales people had to go through for meager wages all while selling their soul to the devil, I lost my **** and crawled my miserable butt back to college. I failed at school but boy did I work my derriere at college. Luckily I saved up enough so I could do that, but this was when the economy was stronger, you may not have the option to study full time, maybe in your free time in a practical or technical subject or field that will get you something better- that will be your respite.

But if you're looking for a sales role as something long term (years) instead of as a means to getting yourself a better more respectable role (a REAL job), may Dog have mercy on your soul!

But for now, you do what you gotta do, show off them pearly whites

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.