Just one sec...
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

German A-Level essay...Help!!

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have to write an essay about the environment for German, about 4 paragraphs. I dont have many ideas about what i could write because the question is quite limiting....it is (in english) 'is the government responsible for climate change instead of individuals?'. Im so stuck on what to write, help please!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Cerridwen~)
    Hi. I have to write an essay about the environment for German, about 4 paragraphs. I dont have many ideas about what i could write because the question is quite limiting....it is (in english) 'is the government responsible for climate change instead of individuals?'. Im so stuck on what to write, help please!!!!
    Make a list of all the reasons for and against that statement, so for example:

Yes the government is responsible because: They can set "eco-taxes" on businesses, they can decide the amount of "green power" used in the country, they can set car emission limits legally etc.

No the government is not responsible because: Individuals have a greater influence on the environment through transportation usage, whether they recycle, what power they use, littering etc.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    In other words and in short: you are looking for keywords, did *I have understand you right? I will give you some of them if you want, I promise you.*

ReputationRep:
    Maybe say things like the government should place more funding on wind farms ect or solar panels and stuff lol

ReputationRep:
    x
    I have promised you to give some keywords, here they are.*

In the view of the government:
    - The governments of the worlds are not coming to an agreement to change (united nations climate conference).
    - The government is hesitating to implement concepts to change for better, because of the conflicts with big energy company (what prevents an energy change).
    - *The government has not the courage to solve this problem, as there are people who are against it.*
    - There are more important everyday issues in the view of government, so climate change is neglected.*
    In the view of the individuals:
    - They are producing emissions by flying with planes or by driving with cars.
    - The increasing urbanization destroyed forests and natural aras which are able to diminish the pollutants (plants are giving off oxygen, oxygen reacts with carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide which is löesser toxic).*
    - There are people who have not an awareness for climate change (because they are too conservative or they are not interest in that issue).*
    - People are not willing to reduce their living standard to make a contribution for better climate (example: to eat meat every day, a great area of rain forest is cleared)

THat it is for first. *

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.