Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend makes me feel bad :(

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Now I probably will forget some things to write on here but here's the basics. Well my girlfriend likes to show her love to me by writing a page full of writing to say how much she loves me and cute things like that. She also does drawings for me. I love them so much, I have also done things for her before like tell her how much I love her and stuff. But the thing is she is constantly doing it for me now and it makes me feel bad because I feel like I don't do enough for her, but I feel like I do. I show her I love her by kissing cuddling and doing ransom acts of love. But now she sometimes brings up things saying that I don't do enough I can't draw for starters I really wish I could. I have wrote her things a few times but she does it a lot more to me . When she stays round my house when I go to the shower she does a full page of how much she loves me and then she's says 'just showing you how much I love you' and it makes me feel really bad . Today I said she didn't need to keep doing it as I know she loves me but she thought I meant I didn't love her things she does for me, I really do. I just can't keep doing it I love her so much but I feel like I can't keep up with doing letters and drawings as I feel like I struggle with doing them today she says the reason she does them is because she wants to treat me as a queen. I said don't I treat you as a queen and she did the look that I can tell meant that she thinks I don't do enough. It's not as if I don't show enough love I thought i did. I know money isn't everything but I spend money on her everytime we meet up even if it's her bus fair to get to mine or get home. I also get her lunch and I have treated her to dinner a few times. Please could someone give me advice In general and opinions please. I just hate feeling like I'm being bad to her. I thought I treated her the best but she doesn't think that

ReputationRep:
    write her a song, music is piss.

ReputationRep:
    All im seeing is emoji, use paragraphs plssss

ReputationRep:
    tbh, there's always someone in a relationship who shows more verbal love than the other. In my relationship that's me. We came to blows about it at first because I thought the fact that my boyfriend isn't as doting as me meant I love him more. That's a selfish way to think. If you love someone, you express it because you mean it and want to, not because you want something in return. When I think about it, my boyfriend shows just as much love as me if not more. He spends a ****ing fortune on me, he travels 3 hours each way to see me for the day... the fact that people show love and want to receive love differently really made sense to me when I watched this video. I may be overestimating the maturity of your relationship here :lol: anyway, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jTOdiHUuDc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fksociety)
    All im seeing is emoji, use paragraphs plssss
    Sorry I'm just feeling low about it.

ReputationRep:
    She needs to learn that you don't have to constantly shove it in each other's faces that you love each other. Also fewer acts of love or poems or drawings or whatever would mean so much more. That's like why celebrating a yearly anniversary is better than like celebrating a daily anniversary. You shouldn't feel bad and she shouldn't be trying to make you feel useless or whatever in this relationship because from what you've wrote you obviously do care about her a lot. Talk about how you're feeling and hopefully you can resolve it, don't go ott like she is in the displays of affection it's not a competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.