The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Duck10101
The majority of immigrants will not do anything bad, and they genuinely want to stay peacefully in Germany. However, a minority will increase the crime rate. Surely it is better to prevent an increase in crime rate and a possible terrorist
threat than to let in a lot of people who could increase crime rate and could potentially be radicalised? Also, don't just generalise the media.

I think we should acknowledge that any group of people will have both good and bad individuals. There are other ways to tackle any threats that the bad individuals pose, and I think that discrimination against them in one form or another actually increases the risk of them developing extremist sympathy. Some of people have lived in conflict-torn countries for probably the last 5 years, they are already predisposed towards violence. All they need is an excuse to politicise their violent predispositions into anti-Western sentiment, and hating on them / segregating them / vocalising anti-immigrant or anti-Islamic feelings does just that.
Original post by Duck10101
The majority of immigrants will not do anything bad, and they genuinely want to stay peacefully in Germany. However, a minority will increase the crime rate. Surely it is better to prevent an increase in crime rate and a possible terrorist
threat than to let in a lot of people who could increase crime rate and could potentially be radicalised? Also, don't just generalise the media.

As you acknowledged a few pages ago, this applies to pretty much every group of people so it's a complete red-herring. The relevant question is NOT whether the absolute number of crimes committed will increase given the rise in the population (it certainly will, there's no such thing as a "risk-free" event as anyone who knows a thing or two about risk analysis will tell you), but whether the refugees will have higher incidents of crime per capita than the native populace. The answer is no; generally refugees tend to have lower crime rates than other groups. But even if the crime rate is higher within a group (i.e. black people), I don't think that would justify a blanket ban on black immigrants. https://debunkingdenialism.com/2015/11/27/the-poisonous-mms-analogy-metastasizes-to-the-syrian-refugee-crisis/

I think the media, while not totally guilty, is not entirely innocent in terms of perpetuating a climate of fear. I find it hilariously absurd that the nation which was responsible for plundering across the globe is suddenly petrified of helping refugees.
(edited 7 years ago)
We need to make it much clearer that if you're a "refugee" waiting in France, trying to enter the UK, you're no longer a refugee but an economic migrant.
Original post by Rakas21
We've already agreed to take 20,000 and i view that as 20,000 too many.

I'm personally fine with immigration in the hundreds of thousands but we should not willingly import the least educated and deprived people on the planet, especially when they are neither ethnically or culturally similar. If you want more people, let's take some Canadian immigrants.

Gotta be the most ROFL comment yet. Canadians who would never dream of looking down on immigrants of any kind, and who have welcomed refugees with open arms - those Canadians?

As for all the other deluded comments, if the UK is great, then it can afford both the financial and ethical expenses that taking refugees poses.

If not, then it can't be all that great.
Germany realises that there not many engineers, intellectuals and doctors among the refugees. Germans regret to invite trouble into their country. Some ISIS operatives came into Germany via the Balkan route. Go to a field trip to a German refugee camp and ask Germans what they think about trouble. I am sure you will be happy to live next to a refugee camp or open your home and host some refugees.

Britain's policy to direct aid to refugee camp in the Middle East and regulate refugees with background check first is the smarter approach.

Original post by thickleftard
Yeah, because sexual attacks, antisocial behaviour, social unrest and rising social cost were non-existent before 2015, weren't they?
Original post by Tcannon
Germany realises that there not many engineers, intellectuals and doctors among the refugees. Germans regret to invite trouble into their country. Some ISIS operatives came into Germany via the Balkan route. Go to a field trip to a German refugee camp and ask Germans what they think about trouble. I am sure you will be happy to live next to a refugee camp or open your home and host some refugees.

Britain's policy to direct aid to refugee camp in the Middle East and regulate refugees with background check first is the smarter approach.

I guarantee you that if Germany had denied all access and left Italy/Greece to hang out to dry, we would've been in a far far worse situation.
I can guarantee you that letting many alleged refugees in was a mistake for Germany. Merkel actually made the refugee crisis worse by sending the wrong signals "come to open door Germany". Many migrants are not true refugees.

Britain should learn from Germany's mistake rather than replicating it. T May and her government is correct with her policy. I don't see any Middle East or Easter European country stepping up.
This is an astute observation how some radical liberals try to dominate the public discussion by labelling opponents who represent other views as racists, radical right and uneducated. Even some journalists use these words easily. It is almost a smear campaign. What is wrong that law abiding and tax paying citizens expressing their views? Incidentally even many ethnic minorities are cautious about unregulated migration/ taking too many refugees. Consider the strain on housing, social services, NHS, fiscal and social cohesion. Too many refugees = nothing but trouble
Original post by Saba XD
That's a matter of your opinion. Does not make it a fact. But, that's a debate for some other day. So, don't bother replying.

Palestine has never been a country this is a fact, not an opinion. If it does become a country it will be a testament to the infinite kindness and benevolence of Israel, not because of toothless Europeans or arbitrary concepts like international law.
"Refugees".
Original post by MagnetoWasRight
Palestine has never been a country this is a fact, not an opinion. If it does become a country it will be a testament to the infinite kindness and benevolence of Israel, not because of toothless Europeans or arbitrary concepts like international law.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me. Have a nice day. Don't bother replying.
Original post by Saba XD
Your opinion doesn't matter to me. Have a nice day. Don't bother replying.

I am smiling, I am happy because the facts are on my side and there is nothing you can do about it.
I am smiling, I am happy because the facts are on my side and there is nothing you can do about it.

Good for you. I really don't care. :tongue: Bye bye.
Original post by Saba XD
Good for you. I really don't care. :tongue: Bye bye.

Also bear in mind that Arabia is the most racist part of the world and many of them positively prefer Whites to South Asians.

:smile:
Also bear in mind that Arabia is the most racist part of the world and many of them positively prefer Whites to South Asians.

:smile:

I guess you should go and read my other posts in this thread. But, I'm sure you're not going to. So, let's just leave it here.
Original post by Saba XD
I guess you should go and read my other posts in this thread. But, I'm sure you're not going to. So, let's just leave it here.

Link me.
Link me.

Original post by Saba XD

Just click on the part that says 'original post'.
Original post by Saba XD
Just click on the part that says 'original post'.

I will either piss off to there or some African state when I'm mid 20's, I will probably have to chill with the Zionism and Zina, but aside from that I really am set
I will either piss off to there or some African state when I'm mid 20's, I will probably have to chill with the Zionism and Zina, but aside from that I really am set

Good luck with that.
Original post by Saba XD
Good luck with that.

*Inshallah

Thanks habibi

Quick Reply