The Student Room Group

dominoes or pizza hutt?

Scroll to see replies

Prefer pizza hut but both are expensive so I don't get either and get Sainsbury's basics pizza :frown:
Depends on what country I'm in. In Australia, I prefer Dominos, outside, Pizza Hut. But when I visited New York, wow. I think almost every pizza place I visited have better pies than Dominos AND Pizza Hut combined.
Original post by Ed Phelan
Both of them are pretty disgusting and a poor imitation of real pizza. Give me a genuine Italian pizza from a non-chain restaurant any day!

the brand slaves are lapping it up... goes to show you don't need a good product if you've got good marketing :rolleyes:

tho' Pizza Express is OK for a sitdown imo
Dominoes dominates pizza hutt hands down and anyone who thinks differnt is wrong although fresh honemade pizza is best
Dominos. But I do agree that papa johns is terrible.
Pizza Hut 100%, their cheesy bites are literally sent from the Lord. (And I cannot stand dominos tomato sauce bases)
neither
I've thought it through, and it took me a long time to decide, and I know I'm probably going to make half the people here rage, but...dominos.

but nothing can take the place of this floridean pizza place called "cici's pizza" - you can eat however much you want, and it's not just pizza but also the best brownies you've ever eaten, for just $10. I ate there thrice, until my stomach exploded in on itself. it was heaven.
(edited 7 years ago)
Papa John's Pizza is the best
BBQ Base Piza is the besttt
Reply 30
homemade pizza is so easy to make. no idea why youd wanna pay over a tenner for a takeway pizza when you can make something much better in half the time it takes to get delivered for about £2
Reply 31
Varies a lot between countries but in the UK:

Dominos>>Pizza Hut> a random takeaway pizza from a rundown area in London>>>Pizza express
Spot on. Pizza Hut don't deliver to my area for some odd reason, but I've eaten in and then taken the leftovers of my pizza in one of their boxes and it's just not the same as Domino's the next day. One of my local Domino's does have a few tables where you can eat in, but if I'm gonna eat out I'd prefer to do it at Pizza Hut as, as you said, Pizza Hut is better when fresh and we normally do the buffet deal which is great value for money if you're like me and have a bottomless pit for a stomach :lol:
Original post by AAls
Varies a lot between countries but in the UK:

Dominos>>Pizza Hut> a random takeaway pizza from a rundown area in London>>>Pizza express

With some of these kebab-shop pizzas, you can tell they're unhealthy as **** but they're so cheap and they're just so ****ing satisfying :coma:
Reply 34
Original post by WoodyMKC
With some of these kebab-shop pizzas, you can tell they're unhealthy as **** but they're so cheap and they're just so ****ing satisfying :coma:

Haha exactly. Even pizza express is pretty unhealthy but just not as bad. If I'm choosing to eat pizza anyway I'm not trying to be healthy so it better be satisfying.
Original post by AAls
Haha exactly. Even pizza express is pretty unhealthy but just not as bad. If I'm choosing to eat pizza anyway I'm not trying to be healthy so it better be satisfying.

Oh yeah, you can literally taste the salt in Pizza Express. Not a fan tbh, they're nice and all but they're even more expensive than Domino's :lol: Though I do have an everlasting 50% off code for my local branch so Domino's is never expensive for me, it's just that I have to buy 40 quid's worth of stuff to qualify for 50% off so I always spend at least £20 on a Domino's, which I get a lot of food for but sometimes I'd rather just spend a tenner and get an 18 incher in. Depends what I fancy as well, if I haven't had a Domino's for a while then I'll start to crave one but the Turkish shop ones are sooo good when you fancy them :coma:
Reply 36
Original post by WoodyMKC
Oh yeah, you can literally taste the salt in Pizza Express. Not a fan tbh, they're nice and all but they're even more expensive than Domino's :lol: Though I do have an everlasting 50% off code for my local branch so Domino's is never expensive for me, it's just that I have to buy 40 quid's worth of stuff to qualify for 50% off so I always spend at least £20 on a Domino's, which I get a lot of food for but sometimes I'd rather just spend a tenner and get an 18 incher in. Depends what I fancy as well, if I haven't had a Domino's for a while then I'll start to crave one but the Turkish shop ones are sooo good when you fancy them :coma:

Fking hell 18 incher as well you tank.

Half of the pizzas at pizza express are unbearable for me. It costs like a good £12 for an 11 inch I think and it feels like you're eating a starter to a restaurant meal. At my local dominos there's always a £6/£8 large 13.5" that I get and sometimes some of them fresh cookies as well :u:. Speaking about turkish, I find it a good excuse to eat all them calories since there's a lot of protein that comes a long with it :biggrin:
Papa John's tbh.
Original post by AAls
Fking hell 18 incher as well you tank.

Half of the pizzas at pizza express are unbearable for me. It costs like a good £12 for an 11 inch I think and it feels like you're eating a starter to a restaurant meal. At my local dominos there's always a £6/£8 large 13.5" that I get and sometimes some of them fresh cookies as well :u:. Speaking about turkish, I find it a good excuse to eat all them calories since there's a lot of protein that comes a long with it :biggrin:

I can actually eat a whole one but I never enjoy the second half as I'm basically forcing it down for the sake of the challenge lol, so normally I just have half of it and then finish the rest later on/next day. Never totally stuffed from that half but it fills me up at least, these days after doing a lot of bulking for the past few years my appetite gets pretty ridiculous some days, if I just ate what I wanted to eat when I wanted to eat it I'd end up obese :lol: Something I never envisioned when I was built like a twig just a few years ago.
Yeah Pizza Express menu is always one of those I look at and think "I'm not really looking at any of these and thinking wow, that sounds nice". Whereas with most takeaways I'm spoilt for choice!
Fair enough, ah see at my local branch of Domino's it's 9 quid for the large if you go and collect it and every time I consider it I just think, I might as well spend an extra quid and get the 18 incher AND have it delivered, I hate driving when I'm hungry haha.
Pizza hut

Quick Reply

Latest