Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Very low scores in UKCAT mocks please helpppp

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing the mock UKCAT tests on the official UKCAT website and I have been getting very low scores, particularaly in the QR subtest (Highest average across all subtests has been 550, highest QR score 450) :,( Are these mocks more difficult than the actual test or should I just practice more??
    Thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
    I've been doing the mock UKCAT tests on the official UKCAT website and I have been getting very low scores, particularaly in the QR subtest (Highest average across all subtests has been 550, highest QR score 450) :,( Are these mocks more difficult than the actual test or should I just practice more??
    Thank youuuu
    Hey there,

Well, as they are tests from the official UKCAT website they will be a fairly accurate comparison to the real UKCAT you will sit.

What are your revision techniques? Have you tried learning strategies to answer questions? This is usually the best way.

The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hey there,

Well, as they are tests from the official UKCAT website they will be a fairly accurate comparison to the real UKCAT you will sit.

What are your revision techniques? Have you tried learning strategies to answer questions? This is usually the best way.

The Medic Portal
    Thank you, I am using the big Kaplan book to revise, strategies etc. and I found that the questions in the Kaplan book are substantially easier than in the UKCAT mocks imo... so the mock came as a bit of a shock!! Do you know anything about the difficulty of the questions in the Kaplan book in relation to the real UKCAT? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
    Thank you, I am using the big Kaplan book to revise, strategies etc. and I found that the questions in the Kaplan book are substantially easier than in the UKCAT mocks imo... so the mock came as a bit of a shock!! Do you know anything about the difficulty of the questions in the Kaplan book in relation to the real UKCAT? x
    Hey there,

We don't know anything about the standard of Kaplan. However, we did a bit of rooting around yesterday on The Student Room for you. Even though the official UKCAT organisation have created those tests to try and make them as accurate as possible, many applicants on TSR have been saying that the official mocks are a bit harder than the real thing!

Keep at your revision! We also have 50 free UKCAT practice questions if you wanna check them out

Good luck with all your prep - we've got our fingers crossed for you!

The Medic Portal

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.