Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Half of all Australians want to ban Muslim immigration

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Australia has always had racist immigration policies which excluded non white people from immigrating there. This is just a continuation of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy
    Cry me a river. Austrialians can choose who ever they want to migrate into their country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Sample Size: 1000

out of 24,095,200 people :curious:
    FFS! Why do people who have no knowledge of statistics insist on making comments like this?
    A sample of 1000 is perfectly adequate to give accurate results for a population of 25 million. Here's a couple of screen shots of sample size calculators. And a link so you can do your own.

Name:  sample size.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  134.6 KB

http://www.raosoft.com/samplesize.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cain Tesfaye)
    If you support a blanket ban on an entire group of people because of their religion then I would regard you to be a bigot.
    Would you regard everyone who supported the exclusion of a group of people because of the ideological views of that group as bigoted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Before you accept the poll results as gospel, remember that some of the surveys taken pre-referendum had 75% support for Remain.
    And post referendum, it would appear that around 75% support staying in Europe, unfortunately many of them didn't vote. You are assuming that the proportion of turnout as the same for both camps.
    People tend to be less motivated to vote if they think their side is certain to win.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, common sense

ReputationRep:

Clearly your statistical knowledge is inadequate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    The ruling powers want Muslims to be moved out of their homelands so what Australian people think is irrelevant to them
    for what purpose?

We do after all have enough sand.

ReputationRep:

Well - spot the person whp hasn't a clue about the mathematics behind statistics. 1000 is a pretty large sample.

ReputationRep:
    Its Australia. What do you expect.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even understand what that means? how would you even ban Muslim immigration? and on what grounds?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Calm down, surely they have a point? Imagine if they only asked like 2.313 million people, that would only be 10% of the population, they didn't even ask 90%!

(before you have a seizure I'm joking lol)

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how this is interesting or relevent?

ReputationRep:
    They have such strict laws on what comes in to the country to protect their wildlife, makes sense for the people to do the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    I don't even understand what that means? how would you even ban Muslim immigration? and on what grounds?
    Saudi Arabia operates a non-Muslim ban in Mecca. I guess if they really wanted, they could try and implement a similar system as Saudi Arabia does here.

ReputationRep:
    Bacon test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Saudi Arabia operates a non-Muslim ban in Mecca. I guess if they really wanted, they could try and implement a similar system as Saudi Arabia does here.
    It's clearly not the same. If I apply for a VISA to visit Mecca and I'm a Muslim, I ask for my priest (or however their clergy is called - Imam? Mullah? don't know) to confirm that I'm a Muslim or I'm baptised/circumcised as a Muslims (are Muslims baptised?).

How are you going to verify that a person is not a Muslim? what is he going to have to prove and how?

ReputationRep:
    This is the country that has immigration concentration camps so no surprise there.

(Original post by Josb)
    Bacon test.
    Almost all of the Muslim suicide bombers drank alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Calm down, surely they have a point? Imagine if they only asked like 2.313 million people, that would only be 10% of the population, they didn't even ask 90%!

(before you have a seizure I'm joking lol)
    As I read that I was just thinking to myself, man I wanna pour bleach down this guy's throat and break his fingers, then I saw you're joking.

Phew

ReputationRep:
    How are you going to verify that a person is not a Muslim? what is he going to have to prove and how?
    Easy. You ask them to recite the shahadah. If they can't they are clearly not Muslim.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.