Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Half of all Australians want to ban Muslim immigration

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Almost all of the Muslim suicide bombers drank alcohol.
    Undercover, obvs. Then it is permitted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by West Bank Spank)
    As I read that I was just thinking to myself, man I wanna pour bleach down this guy's throat and break his fingers, then I saw you're joking.
    Bit harsh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Bit harsh?
    He was joking and so am I, obviously

ReputationRep:
    He was joking and so am I, obviously
    So was I. Think it was a quite reasonable response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    So was I. Think it was a quite reasonable response.
    It's like top gear and racism, as well it being a joke, it's also what I actually believe

ReputationRep:
    It's like top gear and racism, as well it being a joke, it's also what I actually believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Even though he's a stupid leftist, I find that piece ****ing hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Mass hysteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Mass hysteria
    What's so funny about Catholics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    Yes, that is how stats work.
    lol dont embarrass yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    What's so funny about Catholics?
    Shouldn't you be battling Muslims (or Nazis in your opinion) elsewhere in the religion sub-section?

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I don't get about these immigration policy ideas is how they would execute them. How does one discern between a Muslim and Non-Muslim? Essentially, I think this witch-hunt against Muslims is quickly going to devolve into a racist one.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/MicMedia/vi...2871439735644/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cain Tesfaye)
    That's pretty scary in all truth.

Anti-Muslim bigotry manifesting in broad generalisations and stereotypes is really becoming the new norm in political discourse.
    Ah but you see, anti-Muslim bigotry and discrimination on religious grounds is okay in the age of the alt-right; after all, the finest secularists amongst us loudly proclaim "Islam is not a race, Muslims are like Nazis hurr durr" so obviously we should ban them from coming anywhere near us! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Saudi Arabia operates a non-Muslim ban in Mecca. I guess if they really wanted, they could try and implement a similar system as Saudi Arabia does here.
    Do you know how they do this out of interest? Surely anyone could pretend to be a Muslim to gain access?

Muslims are much more afraid of the bacon than they are alcohol, most of them love the weed tho.
    Lolled.

ReputationRep:
    This is the country that has immigration concentration camps so no surprise there.

Its not even close to being the worst...

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty bad.

I wonder if the 49% ever sat down and considered how a ban on Muslim immigration would actually work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cain Tesfaye)
    If you support a blanket ban on an entire group of people because of their religion then I would regard you to be a bigot.

So the 49% of people in the poll that espoused that view, yes, I would regard them as bigots.
    So, any country in the world with an exclusionary immigration policy?

Who would you class as the bad countries in this regard? US? Australia?

ReputationRep:
    Almost all of the Muslim suicide bombers drank alcohol.
    I know this is a bit of a detour from the point you were making there but it does highlight a key issue with regards to the terrorism issue.

The recruiters (super pious) often prey upon down and outs/low-end cons and even middle-class, privately-educated party boys from nominally Muslim backgrounds and guilt trip them about how they're degenerates with their sinful western life styles etc. They convince them that they can redeem themselves if they opt for Jihad. This is a very very common go-to method for these guys. This is why when we read about the backgrounds of terrorists like the Nice trucker, the Paris attacks etc it often transpires that they spent most of their lives doing not very Muslim things and then they got turned. It's all very predatory and a tried and tested formula unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    i wonder how many Australians the middle east is taking right now

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.