Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People stink in lectures!

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Is this normal!?

Honestly it smelt like BO and piss so much I felt sick.

Is it because most of the boys there were freshers and just have no personal hygiene skills yet? Newly moved out, never been on their own before type thing?

How long does this last?

Honestly not being a drama queen, it was so grim.

Then dont sit near them, take a mask or some air freshener or get a big sign that says you stink?

On the odd occasion it happened I recall I went and sat somewhere else or maybe I fell asleep? I dont think its common at all.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it's not you? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I would but when you're in a packed room how can you do that? Some of them posted in the group chat that they rolled up in the same clothes they went partying in last night and had slept in too, does it eventually just trail off after freshers or something i'm going to have to get used to?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how having never lived by yourself should affect your ability to have a shower in a morning or to wear deodorant.

My lectures were never that bad tbh, and I studied Physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Are you sure it's not you? :mmm:
    Hahahahah pretty damn sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavaridge)
    I don't see how having never lived by yourself should affect your ability to have a shower in a morning or to wear deodorant.

My lectures were never that bad tbh, and I studied Physics!
    I'm studying Games Computing, there's literally 5 girls and the other 120 odd are boys - I don't see why it should either but some of their hair was so greasy i thought it was wet from a shower at first... after a 3 hour lecture turns out nah, just greasy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawjeee)
    I'm studying Games Computing, there's literally 5 girls and the other 120 odd are boys - I don't see why it should either but some of their hair was so greasy i thought it was wet from a shower at first... after a 3 hour lecture turns out nah, just greasy
    But there's your answer right there.

Everyone is sweating because they were up all night playing Fifa and it was too intense for them. And they didn't shower just in case they missed the chance to play KSI or some other YouTuber.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just carry spray and say the room smells, then spray it and they should get the message.

That's what I would do and this way you're not pointing fingers at anyone either. I'm on a male dominated course too and thankfully they don't smell. There's around 7 girls in total and 200 males.

ReputationRep:
    Which university is this?:L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Just carry spray and say the room smells, then spray it and they should get the message.

That's what I would do and this way you're not pointing fingers at anyone either. I'm on a male dominated course too and thankfully they don't smell. There's around 7 girls in total and 200 males.
    Yeah that actually isn't such a bad idea! I don't mind the girl/boy split but i do mind bad personal hygiene hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Which university is this?:L
    I'd rather not say incase someone on my course reads this and deduces it's me from the fact there's so few girls haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawjeee)
    Yeah that actually isn't such a bad idea! I don't mind the girl/boy split but i do mind bad personal hygiene hahahah
    I'm not too concerned about that either, I knew I'm doing a male dominated before I started unfortunately. I ALWAYS carry spray with me as I commmute and people stink on the train. I'm worried it'll rub off on me lol.

There's always this woman at the train station who literally wears the same exact outfit everyday, ew just ew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Then dont sit near them, take a mask or some air freshener or get a big sign that says you stink?

On the odd occasion it happened I recall I went and sat somewhere else or maybe I fell asleep? I dont think its common at all.
    Imagine someone taking out a bottle of air freshener in the middle of a lecture and just holding it up like an air horn and spraying :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Freshers is hard. Allow it

ReputationRep:
    Dont sit near them

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.