The Student Room Group

Do universities like the silver arts award?

I'm thinking of applying to medicine and I would like to have some extracurricular things to write about. Is having a silver arts award impressive? Do UCAS like it? If not, I'm planning on doing a cooking club and book club. Will those look good on UCAS?
Original post by rameen1
I'm thinking of applying to medicine and I would like to have some extracurricular things to write about. Is having a silver arts award impressive? Do UCAS like it? If not, I'm planning on doing a cooking club and book club. Will those look good on UCAS?

Universities want to know that you have the right academic background for the course, the motivation to stick with the course, a good understanding of what the course involves and any non academic skills to succeed.

For medicine that means work experience and extra curriculars that give you in insight into the profession and what is involved and required - and often they'll also like to see that you have good stress and coping mechanisms. Clubs and awards aren't what will impress them - how you talk about your activities that you do in your free time and how you reflect on the requirements on medicine students and junior doctors is what they'll be looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending