The Student Room Group

Appeal

Hi guys, I'm really stuck here I've got 14 days to do this now today I got my remark for English lit and I was one mark off a C so I got it back and I am now 2 marks off a C now my school says there isn't a whole lot I can do other than a appeal. I got 2bs and 4cs overall in my GCSEs however I wanted 5 and my place in one of my lessons is in jeopardy for not getting it. So please has anyone had an appeal and how did it go for you GCSEs? I don't wanna give up now and choose to regret it later on or do I let go. I'm not to sure on what the appeal is either
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Honestly, unless you have a really good reason to suspect that your paper/s haven't been marked properly there is not much hope for a successful appeal. Your paper/s have been marked twice by different examiners who have both come to the same conclusion - that you fell just short of achieving enough marks for that C. As frustrating and disappointing as this is for you there does have to be a cut off point somewhere and unfortunately you have been marked at the wrong side of that point twice. Appeals are rarely successful in cases like this where the two examiners have both awarded very similar marks. Sorry I can't give more positive advice about the appeal, however, with regard to your place in one of your lessons being questioned you should definitely plead your case. You were very close to that C, and really does the difference of just two marks mean that you are less able - of course not!

Quick Reply

Latest