Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help, i got scammed

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Last night i went to one of the **** it's freshers events and it was not what i thought it was going to be. there was no ball,uv cannon,free candyfloss/popcorn that they had advertised. Isnt this illegal and should it be reported to trading standards thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Wow......I thought there would be something like fraud on here!!! *Disappointed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naf_A)
    Wow......I thought there would be something like fraud on here!!! *Disappointed*
    sorry , that you are disapointed

(Original post by Larissa14)
    Last night i went to one of the **** it's freshers events and it was not what i thought it was going to be. there was no ball,uv cannon,free candyfloss/popcorn that they had advertised. Isnt this illegal and should it be reported to trading standards thanks.
    Possibly misrepresentation? Certainly not worth the bother.

Also how much of a coincidence that your name has something in common with mine.

(Original post by Naf_A)
    Yeah me too. I thought it was gonna be about payment for non received sex or somethin.

ReputationRep:
    Who advertised it to you,

How much did you spend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)

Yeah me too. I thought it was gonna be about payment for non received sex or somethin.
    You get me!!! My gosh...

ReputationRep:
    No lmao if you felt scammed why dont you just ask for your money back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Possibly misrepresentation? Certainly not worth the bother.

Also how much of a coincidence that your name has something in common with mine.

guess so, it also finished 3 hours early due to tech faults?
    a lot of people are wanting refunds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    No lmao if you felt scammed why dont you just ask for your money back
    because none of the pone numbers work, not responding to their email and facebook oage

ReputationRep:
    because none of the pone numbers work, not responding to their email and facebook oage
    im sure they will have other events try and seem then or speak to others e.g uni and ask what to do

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    They do say not to pay for any of these so called freshers events advertised. Only stick to the ones organised by your own uni or associated with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    They do say not to pay for any of these so called freshers events advertised. Only stick to the ones organised by your own uni or associated with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah , true but i didnt expect it to be that bad like it was a bit of a sham

ReputationRep:
    You'll be laughed out of the building if you try and report such frivilent junk :L

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.