The Student Room Group

2 BMAT Unis?

Hi guys,

I was hoping for a bit of advice as to whether or not it would be unnecessarily risky to apply to 2 BMAT unis. At the moment I am thinking St Andrews, KCL, UCL and Oxford.

I got 740 Band 2 in my UKCAT and was unsure as to whether or not I should go for 2 UKCAT and 2 BMAT or 3 UKCAT and 1 BMAT med school, as I have a UKCAT score that should secure me an interview at a lot of places (hopefully).

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
It depends on which universities you actually want to go to. If you're not concerned about university, and just want to get into any medical school, then it makes sense to apply to 3 UKCATs, because your score is quite high and BMAT is always a risk. However, if you think you'd really like to go to Oxford/UCL and feel like applying to both, then do that :smile:

-Ali (5th year Cambridge medic)
Reply 2
Original post by 6med
It depends on which universities you actually want to go to. If you're not concerned about university, and just want to get into any medical school, then it makes sense to apply to 3 UKCATs, because your score is quite high and BMAT is always a risk. However, if you think you'd really like to go to Oxford/UCL and feel like applying to both, then do that :smile:

-Ali (5th year Cambridge medic)

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was getting a bit caught up in the stress of wanting a place at medical school rather thank thinking about where I would really enjoy studying. I was just looking for a second opinion to confirm that I'm not being silly applying to 2 BMAT unis with a good UKCAT score.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending