The Student Room Group

Extended Project and UCAS entries?

What am I meant to put for the 'subject' critera when I go to enter my EPQ on my UCAS form?
Original post by SteamboatMickey
What am I meant to put for the 'subject' critera when I go to enter my EPQ on my UCAS form?

A short version of your EPQ title
Original post by PQ
A short version of your EPQ title

My EPQ title is "To what extent were French Philosophers and Enlightenment ideas responsible for causing the French Revolution?" so should it be "The impact of French philosophers and enlightenment ideas on the French Revolution"?
My EPQ title is "To what extent were French Philosophers and Enlightenment ideas responsible for causing the French Revolution?" so should it be "The impact of French philosophers and enlightenment ideas on the French Revolution"?

I'd suggest: French philosophers and the French Revolution.

You don't need to give the full title - just an idea of the topics covered.
Original post by PQ
I'd suggest: French philosophers and the French Revolution.

You don't need to give the full title - just an idea of the topics covered.

Thank-you :smile: my EPQ may be changing, not drastically, but it may changed to instead examine why the French Revolution took place but there was no English revolution, despite the spread of enlightenment ideas. Can I keep my short title as it is, as this change isn't set in stone? My UCAS deadline is tomorrow (early entry) but we didn't discuss this change until yesterday afternoon.
Thank-you :smile: my EPQ may be changing, not drastically, but it may changed to instead examine why the French Revolution took place but there was no English revolution, despite the spread of enlightenment ideas. Can I keep my short title as it is, as this change isn't set in stone? My UCAS deadline is tomorrow (early entry) but we didn't discuss this change until yesterday afternoon.

Put it in for now - but speak to your referee about the possible change. The deadline will be for your school to write your reference before October - so they need to know your EPQ topic might change and depending when they finish your reference they might be able to send your application back to you for you to update the subject.

If not you can update your qualifications information by emailing [email protected] after your application has been processed - they'll be able to amend the subject details for you.

ETA - given your possible topic change what about using the subject "The enlightenment and European revolution" That would give you the flexibility to change while also giving your universities an idea what topics you'll be doing further research on without pinning it down too specifically.

Quick Reply

Latest