Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Changing Halls

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had experience of changing hall accommodation? What if you've got a place in a flat in Endcliffe and one of your flatmates has already started to bully you AND you've found an ideal opening in another, similar, flat with a friend - what are the chances of the University doing the sensible thing and letting you simply swap rooms? I plan to phone them in the morning but I'm wondering if anyone's got any insight into this. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I would hope that your university would be understanding and let you move, it does sound like a perfect opportunity. Make it clear why you want to move, just beware that since you've asked to move so early they will want to be sure it's not just that you haven't settled in. You've said it's one person bullying you, unfortunately that may not be enough for the uni to move you instantly, make sure you put forth a very convincing argument.However one person bullying you is too many for me - don't let whoever it is give you a hard time, make sure you stick up for yourself even if you find it really difficult (obviously, don't do anything to make yourself appear to an outsider to be the problem - only retaliate), I know from experience that letting people walk over me rather than sticking up for myself is something I really regret.Sorry for your situation, hope it gets sorted out.Oh and just to warn you there are a lot of trolls on TSR - they will say some messed up things. Don't take the *****y comments to heart because chances are they are having an even worse week than you. Good luck, PM me what happens.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.