The Student Room Group

Getting a council house??

Hey guys! Im new to this forum so if I posted this in the wrong section then please let me know so I can change it. Thank you :smile:

Anyways, im 18 yo (in under 2 months) and im currently a full time student doing my A levels. Next year towards the summer me and my girlfriend are looking at renting a place together, reason being that my parents want to move to a different town due to financial problems, however, I will still be a full time student next year. What I want to know if me and my girlfriend will be able to get a council house when we will be full time students working part time jobs. I did try doing online research but i couldnt find anything. I looked on the council website and it did mention educational reasons but it wasnt ver clear. Im going to go to the council this weekend and find out but I was wondering if you guys know anything? Thank you :smile:
The information should be on the website. You normally register on a waiting list and then bid for places according to how long you have been waiting. Its hard for us to say anything becayse we have no idea which council. They are long term rents normally .

Quick Reply

Latest