Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that everyone knows but no one likes to admit?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    That they're wrong in a certain situation, but do anything to make themselves sound like they're right (WHEN THEY KNOW THEY'RE WRONGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

people like this piss me off. gosh.
    Ok. What would you prefer them to say?

ReputationRep:
    everyone's partial to attractive people, even when they shouldn't be
    not everyone is actually beautiful (from a physical pov)
    there's a bit of selfishness in every single one of us
    no one is ever completely unbiased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Ok. What would you prefer them to say?
    "Oh I'm sorry I got that wrong" MAYBE????? LIKE BRUV WE'RE HUMAN ITS OK TO BE WRONG jeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    "Oh I'm sorry I got that wrong" MAYBE????? LIKE BRUV WE'RE HUMAN ITS OK TO BE WRONG jeez
    Why do you need someone to admit they are wrong. If they keep fighting that they are right then yea that is annoying but what if they don't fight but also never say, yes you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    That they are in fact prejudice
    I am not in fact a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

ReputationRep:
    We are all in it for ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the things you believe are purely because of the bias that your environment, culture, the media etc. have given you.

For example: if you had been born 200 years ago, yes you, it's highly likely that you would have been homophobic. And there are probably lots of opinions and beliefs you hold now, which are mainly influenced when and where you live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    I am not in fact a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
    What about vicarious experiences? Much of, if not all of, civilisation is built upon us learning from, and building upon, the experiences of others.

Why should this be disregarded in regard to stereotypes? They exist for a reason, after all.

(Original post by tazarooni89)
    And there are probably lots of opinions and beliefs you hold now, which are mainly influenced when and where you live.
    Agreed. For example, the particular deity you worship (largely determined by the country of your birth and the deity your parents worship).

ReputationRep:
    'you will meet someone eventually' is a load of well intentioned rubbish. It's actually up to you to make as much of an effort as you can. It's an uphill battle if you have personality flaws or are below average in terms of looks but what can you do but try?

ReputationRep:
    oh and one more thing
    we may be complaining about it, tsr is actually a cool place to be

ReputationRep:
    reps mean nothing

ReputationRep:
    People want to see others doing well, but not better than them
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and " Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his/her own "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cain Tesfaye)
    What about vicarious experiences? Much of, if not all of, civilisation is built upon us learning from, and building upon, the experiences of others.

Why should this be disregarded in regard to stereotypes? They exist for a reason, after all.
    I was just trying to refer to the word 'prejudice' which should have been 'predjudiced' lol

ReputationRep:
    Male infidelity is a force of Nature, and therefore stronger than social constructs such as marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Looks matter to people
    Who denies that?

I think a lot of people including myself to a certain degree are dicks when we want to be. There's a fake nicey pretence out there that most people have, and an ego to go with it that they are "good people".

Reminds me probably should help out at the house more. Better go do that.

ReputationRep:
    That money brings happiness :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.