The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Business Competition

Hi guys,
Anyone looked at the thread in the Announcements bit above all the other threads called 'Compete in the 'business Olympics' for students and boost your CV!'? If it's dissappeared by now it was a link to this competition here: http://www.gmc.hobsons.co.uk/Default.aspx . Is anyone interested in forming a team at Durham or has a team and needs another member? It looks really interesting and would seriously consider doing it if I found the right people to do it with. Drop a reply or messege if you are interested.
Reply 1
Looks interesting. Like a bit of a Fantasy Football for businesses. :biggrin:

Only problem is...

* raw materials
* human resources
* marketing spend
* R&D and new technologies
* past and present share values

looks confusing to me. Maybe the module on finance this year will help.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
That looks really interesting :smile: How many people can be on a team? I like entering things like this, if you take it seriously you have a good chance of winning the £5,000.

Perhaps my A-Level Economics and Business Studies knowledge might come in useful after all!
Reply 3
That sounds really fun, actually.
That does sound quite a larf.
Reply 5
Sounds good, I might be up for that if a team's being formed! :smile:.
Reply 6
Hasnt the link disappeared now?
Reply 7
arkbar
Hasnt the link disappeared now?

It still works. :confused:
loggins
Sounds good, I might be up for that if a team's being formed! :smile:.

Shall we form a team and enter then?
I'd be up for it.
Reply 10
As long as this "If you are an international student your visa status must be ‘UK resident’" bit doesn't disqualify me, I'd be willing to join in. The Consulate shipped my visa today, so I should have it within a day or two what my visa status is. I imagine it will be UK resident, as it's a three-year visa, but I don't recall seeing that information anywhere.

Latest