The Student Room Group

Relearn/Remember AS content while learning A2?

Since the A-Levels have changed, my "A2" exams are essentially two of the exams i sat last year, with a little more content in them, plus one new paper that combines all units.

Any advice on how to relearn the AS content while learning A2?
Reply 1
I've been wondering the same thing so I don't have much advice, but my plan is to read ahead and do extra work for my A2 stuff so I'll have more time to spend on AS later. I haven't had any time to look at any AS stuff so far so I'm just gonna wait until a half term break and catch up then. Also ask your teacher about it, my physics teacher is going to go over the AS stuff again either throughout the year or towards exams.
Reply 2
Original post by Jhfbrown
I've been wondering the same thing so I don't have much advice, but my plan is to read ahead and do extra work for my A2 stuff so I'll have more time to spend on AS later. I haven't had any time to look at any AS stuff so far so I'm just gonna wait until a half term break and catch up then. Also ask your teacher about it, my physics teacher is going to go over the AS stuff again either throughout the year or towards exams.

I was thinking that, but then with all 3 of my subjects, the AS content overlaps quite a lot with A2. So essentially theres like 35% new content to learn, and the rest is what we did last year.
I think i'm going to have time put aside to do a little catch up with AS, since in my classes, we often refer to A2.
Reply 3
I've been revising my AS content in my study periods and after school. It's good to get into a revision schedule early on, that way you'll be more used to it when the time comes to really start revising.
Reply 4
Original post by Lauren99
I've been revising my AS content in my study periods and after school. It's good to get into a revision schedule early on, that way you'll be more used to it when the time comes to really start revising.

How have you managed to fit in A2 revision?
Reply 5
I haven't done much of a2 yet, but whenever I finish a module in one of my subjects I'll go through the chapter in my textbook and make notes on it. But I only have one subject that repeats the AS content so it's not too much extra work.
Reply 6
I'm doing 4 A levels this year and am struggling to find the time for revision too. But I'm making sure I understand everything I do in class, so it makes it easier for me when I revise it. I'd ay just try not to stress about it, and take each week as it comes. I tend to also read ahead before the lessons. It means that I will at least have some knowledge already.In terms of revision, I do it when I can, I get my homework done first so I don't end up swamped with it and then revise afterwards. I usually do bits of revision and reading in frees so I can do my longer homeworks at home. Perhaps, if you don't already, try doing homework across the weekend in little bits, instead of leaving it all for one day. I do maths homework Friday nights and then other short homeworks Saturday nights, and the remaining on sundays. Then the time I have left on a sunday I use to revise. Good luck, just keep up the effort and you will be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest