Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Should I do? (Failed A2 twice)

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So at AS-Level I achieved BBC, in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, when I went on to do A2 I ended up getting CDD. Obviously gutted, I knew there was no hope through clearing as I wanted to do Geography (but was willing to do radiology or nursing instead ) as they required at least 280 UCAS Points, so BCC.

In the end I decided to take a gap year and retake as I knew I could do better. I applied to the same universities which all gave me the same offers for the same course, and I knew that I at least needed BCC to get into my insurance or anything else, should worse comes to worse.

Then comes exam time, surely enough I did panic in some exams but there was nothing I could do. On results day this year I was put through clearing again but this time with CCC, one UMS off a B in Geography which my insurance would have accepted. I obviously called countless times but they wouldnt accept me despite the fact the took in people with the same grades as me. (I don't know what else I could have done to convince them) I also called other universities for other subjects of interest but it was still the same answer.

In the end I settled for a different mid league uni but in a language/arts degree, which I'm not very comfortable with, as the thought of future prospects and whether I will enjoy it is starting to frighten me. (I would mention what I was doing and where but because the course is really small and I'm pretty sure I'd be found out lol.)

I haven't started university yet, but as everyday passes I feel as though I'm becoming more and more depressed, because now I'm doing a degree in a 'unique' field which I have never considered before and don't particularly like, (I only agreed as it seemed interesting) employment opportunities seem quite bleak, but i don't know if thats with most BA degrees. I'm also pretty embarrassed having failed A2 twice :/ .

I wanted to do something that compromised with humanities and science or even just science when I think about it now.

I have thought of internships, but nothing of interest has been available, and no I don't believe university isn't for me because I know what I'm capable of and I know its something I want to do. I would really appreciate any advice as I'm so confused and I don't know what else to do.

Please give genuine advice, and thanks for reading this really long post.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.