Just one sec...
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Is geography/geology a good course for university?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am curently in year 13 and need to send off my UCAS form soon. I have NO idea what course to do at uni. I am currently doing a level biology, chemistry and geography. Is geography a good degree to study at uni? I enjoy all of the subjects I mostly care about employability and salary.

ReputationRep:
    depends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura1526)
    Hello, I am curently in year 13 and need to send off my UCAS form soon. I have NO idea what course to do at uni. I am currently doing a level biology, chemistry and geography. Is geography a good degree to study at uni? I enjoy all of the subjects I mostly care about employability and salary.
    People on TSR will tell you no, personalyl for me Geography is a degree I can go into aswell. I say that do you love the subject so much, and it has to be significantly more than the other subjects because they can get you into arguably better degrees. End of the day I can't make the choice for you, also before people come and tell you geography is shite remember that the prime minister did a geography degree.

ReputationRep:
    Geology and geography are very different. Geology is very science based with quite a lot of maths, chemistry, physics and biology! In the UK, geology jobs are usually engineering based - which is very maths orientated.
    I know geography graduates, some have jobs including jobs in Iceland, where as some are still unemployed.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you do a geography degree doesn't mean you therefore are forced to do geography related courses lol, lots of people do history but don't become historians I plan to do geography, and I want to go into business after I'm finish

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.