The Student Room Group

Can I apply under the given circumstance?

Am I eligible to apply to get a scholarship at a reasonably good U.S college (for Physics/Engineering major) with only 2 full Alevels and 2AS level subjects in CIE?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TomVercitti
Am I eligible to apply to get a scholarship at a reasonably good U.S college (for Physics/Engineering major) with only 2 full Alevels and 2AS level subjects in CIE?

Hey,

In general, scholarships within the US, and especially scholarships within the US for international students, are rare, exclusive and extremely competitive. The most common form of scholarship for international students is athletic scholarships - if you excel in a sport to the point where you can compete almost nationally then they may fund your studies if you compete for them. Academic scholarships are rarer, and will be taken by those with typically flawless grades and a bunch of extra-curriculars.

However, your eligibility will depend on the universities you apply to, and also on the state. Apply for scholarships, but don't rely or expect getting one; look into other financial aid options. Also, be sure to check out the "Studying in North America" forum, as well as more US specific forums online, as they'll guide you towards what to expect with scholarship applications.

Hope this helps,

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest