Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Is Oxford still realistic in light of my predicted grades?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    ****, I'm only Grade 8 on the Chinese harpsichord :cry:I accidentally cured cancer once though, will that make up for my poor musical record?
    Only if you were using a mobile lab at Base Camp on Mount Everest OR the admin building at CERN, as stipulated in the entry requirements posted online. Your careers teacher at school should have provided this information to you at least 2 minutes before the application deadline.

ReputationRep:
    ****, I'm only Grade 8 on the Chinese harpsichord :cry:I accidentally cured cancer once though, will that make up for my poor musical record?
    No you're still **** in Chinese harpsichord.. some Asians might have cured cancer, HIV and have 9 on the Chinese harpsichord

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atatat)
    I got 5A*, 5A & B in GCSEs. Is that wayyy below the Oxbridge offers or do I stand any chance?
    You have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Why do you feel like its unfair?
    I got 90% UMS overall and I'm predicted an A on the basis that as it's an arts subject an A* will be hard to get, whilst somebody else in my class got 63% UMS overall and is also predicted an A. I'd just be disappointed if I didn't get an interview because of this predicted grade; I'd rather mess up my interview and fail because of that. If you see where I'm coming from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cressiswell)
    I got 90% UMS overall and I'm predicted an A on the basis that as it's an arts subject an A* will be hard to get, whilst somebody else in my class got 63% UMS overall and is also predicted an A. I'd just be disappointed if I didn't get an interview because of this predicted grade; I'd rather mess up my interview and fail because of that. If you see where I'm coming from?
    Whilst an A* in arts subjects is hard to predict, I also think that you deserve an A* prediction. I'd fight for it. Honestly though don't worry about it, just make sure your PS is the best it can be and that you smash the TSA. If you do both of those things, you stand a very good chance of making it to the interview stage.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst an A* in arts subjects is hard to predict, I also think that you deserve an A* prediction. I'd fight for it. Honestly though don't worry about it, just make sure your PS is the best it can be and that you smash the TSA. If you do both of those things, you stand a very good chance of making it to the interview stage.
    That is so reassuring to hear, thank you very much! May I ask, which stage in your education are you at?

ReputationRep:
    That is so reassuring to hear, thank you very much! May I ask, which stage in your education are you at?
    Also in year 13

ReputationRep:
    Also in year 13
    Ah okay. You don't happen to be going for PPE also, do you?

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay. You don't happen to be going for PPE also, do you?
    Nah m8, Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Nah m8, Physics.
    Decent

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.